Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

FixEDID is not for your laptop. Read the description carefully.

Thanks RehabMan for your Answer. Can I make something to solve/fix this?

Thanks RehabMan for your Answer. Can I make something to solve/fix this?

You have to remove the display override that was created. It will be somewhere in /System/Library/Displays/Overrides. The folder/file name is based on the vendor/device id of the display.

Use an external monitor to recover from the mistake.

Use an external monitor to recover from the mistake.
Many thanks!
I tried many times to use the external monitor with different modes, sometimes Yosemite reboot and sometimes it stucks. I was able to login only in safe mode but unfortunately Yosemite doesn't let me install the HP PICE because it's in safe mode. I will try again later, maybe it will works.

Many thanks!
I tried many times to use the external monitor with different modes, sometimes Yosemite reboot and sometimes it stucks. I was able to login only in safe mode but unfortunately Yosemite doesn't let me install the HP PICE because it's in safe mode. I will try again later, maybe it will works.

No need to rerun PBI CE, just remove the folder Rehabmen mentioned.

No need to rerun PBI CE, just remove the folder Rehabmen mentioned.

Thanks a lot! Yes, the use of an external monitor (which caused the reboots) wasn't necessary in my case.

Thanks again RehabMan & nguyenmac!!

Hi and thanks for the great tutorial! I recently installed yosemite on my probook 450 g0 following this guide and everything work fine. Only thing didn't work was sound from headphone jack and microphone jack. Also wifi wasn't working as it is a ralink 3290. After trying almost all recommended solutions i ended up installing AllinOneSoundSolution (it worked in a previous installation with unibeast) and it worked. Now i have a triple boot system (Windows 8.1 - Yosemite - Linux Mint). Only thing i have not tried yet is the hdmi because i don't have hdmi monitor. It would be nice if vga worked but its not working so i will buy a hdmi-to-vga adaptor if hdmi works. Is hdmi working out of the box for any of you?
Also i found this about wifi cards for 450 g0 http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...G0-wireless-adapter-spare-brands/td-p/2977719 and i am a bit confused. I read a lot of threads and post #1 but i cannot decide which one to buy to replace ralink.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Hi and thanks a lot for this installation guide!

I'm on a ProBook 4730s and i've tried both 2a and 2b methods about 6 times with two different usb sticks.
Mainly i've used the 2b method with which i can boot to the OS X Installer, but the screen looks like this, no matter whether i have discrete graphics on or off:

IMG_20150201_135419.jpg

To bypass this i tried to use an external monitor (hdmi port) to install, and it works great without any graphic problems, but i get this screen almost instantly after it starts installing:

IMG_20150201_143432.jpg

I have a 17" screen with 1600x900 resolution and an Intel HD 3000 (discrete is Radeon 7470m). Therefore i selected the HD3000 1600x900+ plist. I've done everything carefully by the instructions many times.

Do you have any suggestions how i could try to fix this? I've searched for solutions to similar problems, but have not found anything to try.

Here's the EFI folder on my CLOVER partition:

View attachment EFI.zip

Let me know if you need any additional info or files!

Thanks!
Manaba

Hi and thanks a lot for this installation guide!

I'm on a ProBook 4730s and i've tried both 2a and 2b methods about 6 times with two different usb sticks.
Mainly i've used the 2b method with which i can boot to the OS X Installer, but the screen looks like this, no matter whether i have discrete graphics on or off:

View attachment 124745

To bypass this i tried to use an external monitor (hdmi port) to install, and it works great without any graphic problems, but i get this screen almost instantly after it starts installing:

View attachment 124749

I have a 17" screen with 1600x900 resolution and an Intel HD 3000 (discrete is Radeon 7470m). Therefore i selected the HD3000 1600x900+ plist. I've done everything carefully by the instructions many times.

Do you have any suggestions how i could try to fix this? I've searched for solutions to similar problems, but have not found anything to try.

Here's the EFI folder on my CLOVER partition:

View attachment 124744

Let me know if you need any additional info or files!

Thanks!
Manaba

The EFI is from your USB, I assume...

The config.plist is wrong. You need /Graphics/Inject/Intel=true. /Devices/AddProperties has no effect with /Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

The EFI is from your USB, I assume...

The config.plist is wrong. You need /Graphics/Inject/Intel=true. /Devices/AddProperties has no effect with /Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

Ah, ok, thanks! I'll try that for the next install. Yeah, that EFI is from the usb stick.

I Googled a bit more concerning that undefined error 0 and found out that apparently i had misplaced the BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist files. This was due to the instruction not stating to which folder the files are to be copied. So just as a small suggestion it could be good to add to the instruction that those files are to be copied to the root of "OS X Base System".

So I got the os installed after fixing that!

But now i'm experiencing a nasty problem. Only 2 / 4 usb ports seem to be working properly (1 x usb 2 and 1 x usb 3). The other two just keep disconnecting and reconnecting any device that's plugged in to them. Do you have any idea what could be the cause for this and possibly how to try and fix it?

///////////
UPDATE:
I installed the Atheros Bluetooth from HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.15 and after rebooting all the usb ports seem to be working now and also the bluetooth. There has been some talking regarding the Atheros bluetooth driver causing sleep problems, but my sleep seems to be working better actually - it's very fast now!
///////////

Thanks!

//////
Update: Well the sleep time seems to vary, so it's not necessarily super fast, in other words seems like normal computer behaviour. I was too hasty with my enthusiasm :).
//////

Ah, ok, thanks! I'll try that for the next install. Yeah, that EFI is from the usb stick.

I Googled a bit more concerning that undefined error 0 and found out that apparently i had misplaced the BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist files. This was due to the instruction not stating to which folder the files are to be copied. So just as a small suggestion it could be good to add to the instruction that those files are to be copied to the root of "OS X Base System".

Seems pretty clear to me:
- Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to OS X Base System (on your USB)

But now i'm experiencing a nasty problem. Only 2 / 4 usb ports seem to be working properly (1 x usb 2 and 1 x usb 3). The other two just keep disconnecting and reconnecting any device that's plugged in to them. Do you have any idea what could be the cause for this and possibly how to try and fix it?

///////////
UPDATE:
I installed the Atheros Bluetooth from HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.15 and after rebooting all the usb ports seem to be working now and also the bluetooth. There has been some talking regarding the Atheros bluetooth driver causing sleep problems, but my sleep seems to be working better actually - it's very fast now!
///////////

There should probably be a note in the guide that suggests a BT firmware uploader (depending on hardware) since without one, Yosemite has issues...

Back