Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I don't have BCM BT/WiFi... but Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS Adapter, so, I gave up on: BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices The Guide is meant for Geeks. I downloaded the BrcmPatchRAM.kext though, used KextBeat to install it to /S/L/E. Should I remove it? Thanks. EDIT: I checked /S/L/E and noticed GenericUSBXCHI.kext was not there, so I downloaded it and installed it using KextBeast.
GenericUSBXCHI.kext is installed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/, so remove at /S/L/E please. You can try remove Generic at /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ too.

GenericUSBXCHI.kext is installed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/, so remove at /S/L/E please. You can try remove Generic at /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ too.

It was not in the "loaded kexts" list in the panic report in post #1941. Which is why I made the comment regarding -gux_defer_usb2 in my reply. There isn't much sense in specifying -gux_defer_usb2 when you're not using the kext. Although it does no harm, it has no effect. I was just mentioning it, to be certain it was intentional.

Since the latest Yosemite update my Probook 4530s has serious USB problems. Seems as the ports don't get enough power to drive the devices. Sticks showing up and loosing connection right away. My Logitech wireless USB mouse feels wacky and than the system freezes.
Additionally I am having problems with bluetooth which spam my console and this may also be the cause for the freezes.
I have a combined WLAN+BT (Atheros 9285) card that came originally with the Probook.
The console is spammed with endless messages concerning the IOBluetoothHostController.
I am attaching a screenshot with a bunch of console messages concerning that problem.
Already have repatched DSDT and used latest PBI and latest Clover to get everything actual.

As I actually do not need Bluetooth - is there a way to deactivate it completely and get rid of the problems?

Attachments

• Console messages.png
    Console messages.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 127
Since the latest Yosemite update my Probook 4530s has serious USB problems. Seems as the ports don't get enough power to drive the devices. Sticks showing up and loosing connection right away. My Logitech wireless USB mouse feels wacky and than the system freezes.
Additionally I am having problems with bluetooth which spam my console and this may also be the cause for the freezes.
I have a combined WLAN+BT (Atheros 9285) card that came originally with the Probook.
The console is spammed with endless messages concerning the IOBluetoothHostController.
I am attaching a screenshot with a bunch of console messages concerning that problem.
Already have repatched DSDT and used latest PBI and latest Clover to get everything actual.

As I actually do not need Bluetooth - is there a way to deactivate it completely and get rid of the problems?

Did you install kext for Bluetooth (BTFirmwareUploader)?

How about RC3?

Btw, you said beta 6 did not work while ago, why does it work now?

Do you mind a clean install with RC3?

I made two changes in my installation procedure.

1. I used my yosemite application (from the app store) from my Macbook Air.
Previous I had used the yosemite app from my mac mini to build my install USB.

2. I completely wiped my drive. I used gparted (live boot) to wipe all partitions from the drive, including EFI, OSX Recovery, Yosemite Partion, and Win 7 partition.

Beta 6 works. What do the RC releases add that would benefit me updating. I just don't want to have to do a complete reinstall of my operating systems, because I ran RC3.

I made two changes in my installation procedure.

1. I used my yosemite application (from the app store) from my Macbook Air.
Previous I had used the yosemite app from my mac mini to build my install USB.

2. I completely wiped my drive. I used gparted (live boot) to wipe all partitions from the drive, including EFI, OSX Recovery, Yosemite Partion, and Win 7 partition.

Beta 6 works. What do the RC releases add that would benefit me updating. I just don't want to have to do a complete reinstall of my operating systems, because I ran RC3.

Because I can't figure out why RC2 did not work for you (RC3 is basically the same thing). I won't go back to Beta 5/6, instead I want to fix it... If RC3 does not work for you now, future version of PBI CE is not likely to support your model anymore.

Here is procedure to test:
1. Backup EFI folder.
2. Remove EFI/CLOVER and EFI/BOOT.
3. Boot from CLOVER USB (not from HDD), press F4 at Clover screen before booting to OS X.
4. Run PBI CE RC3.
5. Collect troubleshooting files before restarting.
6. If system can't boot, boot from USB,restore your EFI folder and give me troubleshooting files.

Note: If you follow the guide, this is not a necessary step. The guide instructs you to repartition the drive in step 6.

I have progressed well and big thank to you.
I installed W8.1 dual boot, restart the boot by clover, everything is OK, the guide is perfect.

I have a problem for Windows 8 rename correctly.
I dont' understand this

"You can customize entries in Clover bootscreen by editing Custom Entries. Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator

:?::?::?:

I have a problem for Windows 8 rename correctly.
I dont' understand this

"You can customize entries in Clover bootscreen by editing Custom Entries. Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator

:?::?::?:

I was able to do it this way:(you can add the code to config.plist under GUI custom entry, but USE YOUR OWN VOLUME GUID - that one in RED):

Get the corresponding GUID for the Volume you want to change it's name in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log

For Windows Volume:

<dict>
<key>Volume</key>
<string>6C7B5E78-A30D-4CB6-9137-9637BF4FAB8E</string>
<key>FullTitle</key>
<string>Windows 8</string>
<key>Hidden</key>
<false/>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Type</key>
<string>Windows</string>