Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I'm now trying the same with an old HP Elitebook 8560w which I believe is running Nvidia graphics. Before I embark on this journey I'm just wondering which of the config files to use (or do I need to build one myself)?

You should first find out exactly what hardware you have. Guessing is not productive.

I'm not entirely sure TBH (I know it doesn't help - it's an old work laptop which was running Windows before I decided to have a play).

I think the only way I'm going to get that is to reinstall Windows (or Linux) and install some sort of system info application. If I can't get anywhere with installing OS X (Unibeast failed so I'm trying vanilla Clover install) I'll do that and try and post as much info as I can.

I'm not entirely sure TBH (I know it doesn't help - it's an old work laptop which was running Windows before I decided to have a play).

I think the only way I'm going to get that is to reinstall Windows (or Linux) and install some sort of system info application. If I can't get anywhere with installing OS X (Unibeast failed so I'm trying vanilla Clover install) I'll do that and try and post as much info as I can.

Run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal and post the output here.

I have noticed the new release of the Config.zip includes a config.plist for 6x60-8x60p 1600x900 with AMD, is this now a supported configuration. I ask as I replaced my AMD graphics system board with an HD 3000 based version to get OS X working, but would ideally like to switch back to discrete graphics. Please can you confirm support?

You should follow this.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/153015-hp-elitebook-8x60p-amd-6470m.html

I will make it official when I get more feedback.

Probook 4530s Core i3

Followed all the instructions. UIFI Boot. I get a CPU Power Management "Kernal Panic" after I clicked on "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" (10.10).

IMG_2073.JPG

I even tried adding NullCPUPowerManagement

Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 10.48.45 PM.png

What can I try? Any Boot Flags I could try? Safe Mode didn't Work.

Thank You

Probook 4530s Core i3

Followed all the instructions. UIFI Boot. I get a CPU Power Management "Kernal Panic" after I clicked on "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" (10.10).

View attachment 120056

I even tried adding NullCPUPowerManagement

View attachment 120057

What can I try? Any Boot Flags I could try? Safe Mode didn't Work.

Thank You

Where is your config.plist? Follow the guide carefully please.

EDIT: Also, download Clover.zip again, there is a small bug in the last Clover.zip

Check your system.log for errors related to PS2.

Have you tried a fresh install?

thx for the reply.

the only error i have related to PS2 on System/log file is this :

"Jan 2 03:50:21 MacBook-Pro-de-soufiane kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream".

And when you talked about a fresh instal, can i make a new instal and restore a time machine backup or a really fresh instal ??

Soufiane.

thx for the reply.

the only error i have related to PS2 on System/log file is this :

"Jan 2 03:50:21 MacBook-Pro-de-soufiane kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream".

And when you talked about a fresh instal, can i make a new instal and restore a time machine backup or a really fresh instal ??

Soufiane.

Fresh install. TimeMachine may restore something you don't want to restore.

Ok i'll do a fresh instal tonight.

i have those lines now in the System.log :

Jan 2 16:15:57 MacBook-Pro-de-soufiane kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte3 data (84) from PS/2 controller
Jan 2 16:15:57 MacBook-Pro-de-soufiane kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (f0) from PS/2 controller

Maybe a solution for my problem.

Back