Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Jessen, I have successfully get 1600x900 working, but not on Lotus framework.

AICPM works too with SMBIOS 6,1. Speedstep is working.

I will create a separate thread, please test them soon.

That's great. Please link me as soon as you create the thread. Now is 6,1 going to interfere with wifi? for me it only works with 8,1 and 5,1. Either way, I can't wait to try.

That's great. Please link me as soon as you create the thread. Now is 6,1 going to interfere with wifi? for me it only works with 8,1 and 5,1. Either way, I can't wait to try.

Wifi works with your 8,1 because I created a patch for 8,1. I will include the patch for 6,1 in final PBI CE too.

Please test for me these 2 config.plist (make sure you have a way to restore original config.plist in case they do not work).

config1: a cleaned up version of your config.plist
config2: the framebuffer and amd patch for my 1600x900

To make AICPUPM works with you again, install back 2 kexts and rebuild cache before rebooting.

Attachments

• AMD 8460p 1366x768 amd.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 79
Working build: HP Probook 4540s, i5-3230M, Intel HD4000

OK, done. Thanks so much again. You guys are great. The HP PB 4540s is working like my MacBook Pro. Now I hope to address the screen resolution. Any tips?

Thanks again.

What screen resolution?

Is there a better kext for the Integrated HD 3000, the one on my Core i3 sometimes starts giving me these green lines/ small artifacts while watching a video.. on Windows it didn't do this, so I'm hoping its a driver thing. The problem usually goes away if I restart the laptop, which is something I don't do too often.

Working build: HP Probook 4540s, i5-3230M, Intel HD4000

OK, done. Thanks so much again. You guys are great. The HP PB 4540s is working like my MacBook Pro. Now I hope to address the screen resolution. Any tips?

Thanks again.

Please note your labels for the keys are wrong. Fn is Fn (special purpose key on PC keyboards). Ctrl is Control. It is not laid out like a Mac keyboard for two reasons. Reason 1: Apple got it wrong :). Reason two: it is not usually possible to change the purpose of Fn on PC hardware (it is not a "real" key, but rather changes the codes sent by other keys when held down).

Is there a better kext for the Integrated HD 3000, the one on my Core i3 sometimes starts giving me these green lines/ small artifacts while watching a video.. on Windows it didn't do this, so I'm hoping its a driver thing. The problem usually goes away if I restart the laptop, which is something I don't do too often.

HD3000 artifacts are common. Make sure your DSDT is patched from your current native files. And do an EC reset when they do occur. Mostly, you'll notice them only after booting another system (eg. Windows/Linux).

You may also have less artifacts with more RAM (8GB).

HD4000 does not have the issue...

HD3000 artifacts are common. Make sure your DSDT is patched from your current native files. And do an EC reset when they do occur. Mostly, you'll notice them only after booting another system (eg. Windows/Linux).

You may also have less artifacts with more RAM (8GB).

HD4000 does not have the issue...

It's patched from the DSDT from the original Probook install, how do I do an EC reset? And thank you for the RAM tip, I'll look into getting another 4GB stick.

It's patched from the DSDT from the original Probook install, how do I do an EC reset? And thank you for the RAM tip, I'll look into getting another 4GB stick.

Strange, it's in #1, isn't it?

Jessen, I have successfully get 1600x900 working, but not on Lotus framework.

AICPM works too with SMBIOS 6,1. Speedstep is working.

I will create a separate thread, please test them soon.

AICPM and AICPMC reinstalled. Confirmed speedstep with config1. 6500+ geek bench score 32-bit test.
will now try config2.

This is awesome. The system even feels snappier.

UPDATE: config2 works just as well as config1, but with it, it was the first time I was able to boot and see the screen with Elodea FB.

I am sticking with the 6,1 from here on out. looking for to PBI final~ thanks again!

Back