Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

OK, thank you very much. I'm on it, let's what happens! :wave:

It's me again... OS X installation went fine, but while in "OS X configuration" at first boot the OS was really slow (cursor movement, UI animations, everything). I didn't pay much attention and I was able to login into Yosemite. Here I encountered some graphic glitches and the OS was still running slow, but I managed to run HP Probook Installer. I noticed the installer shows 6x0 G1 model as supported and indeed has a option for kexts, so I went for it. I selected the version that matched my laptop under "OS X support kexts" and "Config and DSDT patcher" then under "Display type" I selected HD screen and Intel HD4600. In "Misc OS X files" I selected Probook logos and color profiles.

After restart the only thing the only thing I see has been changed is display resolution, now expectedly in 1920x1080. But still A LOT of graphic glitches system wide and the OS behaving very slow.

I noticed that if I rebuild cache with Kext Wizard after every boot, the OS becomes fast and responsive as you expect it to be, but only until next boot. Regarding graphics, I used the Probook Installer to select and install "Fix EDID", but it didn't fix the problem... What should I do?

Oh, I also have another major problem: ethernet not working (network panel says cable not connected) but when I plug the cable into the computer, the green light actually turns on. The port has always worked fine on Win... Weird, right?

It's me again... OS X installation went fine, but while in "OS X configuration" at first boot the OS was really slow (cursor movement, UI animations, everything). I didn't pay much attention and I was able to login into Yosemite. Here I encountered some graphic glitches and the OS was still running slow, but I managed to run HP Probook Installer. I noticed the installer shows 6x0 G1 model as supported and indeed has a option for kexts, so I went for it. I selected the version that matched my laptop under "OS X support kexts" and "Config and DSDT patcher" then under "Display type" I selected HD screen and Intel HD4600. In "Misc OS X files" I selected Probook logos and color profiles.

After restart the only thing the only thing I see has been changed is display resolution, now expectedly in 1920x1080. But still A LOT of graphic glitches system wide and the OS behaving very slow.

I noticed that if I rebuild cache with Kext Wizard after every boot, the OS becomes fast and responsive as you expect it to be, but only until next boot. Regarding graphics, I used the Probook Installer to select and install "Fix EDID", but it didn't fix the problem... What should I do?

Oh, I also have another major problem: ethernet not working (network panel says cable not connected) but when I plug the cable into the computer, the green light actually turns on. The port has always worked fine on Win... Weird, right?

Try installing HD4600 OpenCL in PBI CE.

OK, I did but the installation failed due to missing Xcode, so I installed Xcode and tried again. No luck, PCE said Installation Failed once again. I restarted the computer and the graphics eventually got screwed up :cry: (see attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_1508_2.JPG
    IMG_1508_2.JPG
    869.1 KB · Views: 74

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also post native ACPI files from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Which Ethernet device does your computer have?

Attachments

• IMAG0107_BURST002_COVER.jpg
    IMAG0107_BURST002_COVER.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 76
Off topic, you should create a new thread.

I apologize. But I was following your guide to install. If you can't help me, no biggie. Thanks for responding anyway :)

Back