Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I am installing Yosemite following the guide with HP Probook 4530s (HD3000 1366x768, BIOS f40). Clover boot is stuck at the white screen with only black cursor.

Is there anyone experienced this issue?

You're using the wrong USB port.

Thank you very much for this guide. The installation was smooth and everything works pretty fine, even sleep(that was a problem on ML and Maverick), but except the sound. I installed all that was necessary from ProBook installer, than I repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache, but it is still no sound. In preferences/sound there is no audio source to select. Maybe i should reboot the system a couple of times more?

Thank you very much for this guide. The installation was smooth and everything works pretty fine, even sleep(that was a problem on ML and Maverick), but except the sound. I installed all that was necessary from ProBook installer, than I repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache, but it is still no sound. In preferences/sound there is no audio source to select. Maybe i should reboot the system a couple of times more?

Rebuild cache, and reboot 2x.

Otheriwse, read RED text in post #1.

Hi guys!

I've just bought HP Elitebook 8460p and discovered that it has Intel Centrino Advanced N 6205 wi-fi card. Do I have to buy HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS only or I can install another compatible card?

Thanks

Hi guys!

I've just bought HP Elitebook 8460p and discovered that it has Intel Centrino Advanced N 6205 wi-fi card. Do I have to buy HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS only or I can install another compatible card?

Thanks

Read post #1.

Install went smooth and everything working ok w 8470p but getting kernel panics from voodoo ps2 controller I think... happened twice so far.
Both times saw a whole bunch of messages in dmesg about
ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (00) from PS/2 controller

And then auto reboot soon after

Attached crash log

View attachment kp.txt

Might have something to do w having Dragging enabled in Touchpad options...

Install went smooth and everything working ok w 8470p but getting kernel panics from voodoo ps2 controller I think... happened twice so far.
Both times saw a whole bunch of messages in dmesg about
ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (00) from PS/2 controller

And then auto reboot soon after

Attached crash log

View attachment 118199

Might have something to do w having Dragging enabled in Touchpad options...

Do EC reset.

Back