Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I have no idea. You have not provided enough information to make that determination.
What kind of information can help?
I'm sorry for asking stupid questions.

It seems that I misunderstood guide and bought not HP branded card. I bought AzurWave AW-NB290H. I suppose that is the reason.

It seems that I misunderstood guide and bought not HP branded card. I bought AzurWave AW-NB290H. I suppose that is the reason.

If possible, you'll need to rebrand it (not sure as it is separate device-id... driver may need patching in that scenario). Or better yet, purchase an HP branded card compatible with your laptop.

Note: BCM943224HMS is WiFi only.

Everything is working fine but my VGA and HDMI both not working.. any solution?

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a hp4530s base. The only thing i changed is the Wifi card. I am currently running Mavericks without any problems. I have followed post #1 directions to the T. Couple of things. In reference to step 3 I could only find wake on Lan and UEFI boot options the rest were not there and i set the setting accordingly. Now when I try to Install it just goes to the apple logo with the progress bar which freezes 1/3rd of the way and then spinning wheel appears without any resolution. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 81
I've been struggling for days.

I've got a 4530s, on which I've upgraded to a 1920x1080 display. I'm trying to do a clean install of Yosemite but whenever I boot from the USB, I get the apple and progress bar for a while, then just a black screen. I admit, I haven't read every post in this or the Mavericks thread but I've tried what I can find. I'm using the HD3000 with 1600x900+ config.plist. I've tried inject Intel graphics on and off. I've added Rehabman's mini-dsdt.aml and dual link to the Clover partition of the USB. I've rebuilt the install partition of the USB multiple times. There's activity on the USB stick (the light is flashing), but no display.

I also tried Mavericks but had the same result (after the grey apple screen, just black).

Any ideas?

USB3 is a known problem. It should work provided the device is plugged in prior to cold boot, and you have the latest installed. Make sure you used the latest ProBook Installer to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext. See post #1.

I've been trying to get someone with USB3 to try the USB3 patches to AppleUSBXHCI by Zenith432 with NEC/Renasas. But AFAIK, so far, no one has tried.

As of now, it doesn't appear as if GenericUSBXHCI will get any more fixes. If you aren't willing to contribute (by trying the Zenith432 patches for AppleUSBXHCI and reporting results), and need USB3 on your 4530s, go back to Mavericks.

Hmm, are you referring to a specific laptop model?
I have a fully working USB3 on 10.10.1, on EliteBook 840 G1.

I've been struggling for days.

I've got a 4530s, on which I've upgraded to a 1920x1080 display. I'm trying to do a clean install of Yosemite but whenever I boot from the USB, I get the apple and progress bar for a while, then just a black screen. I admit, I haven't read every post in this or the Mavericks thread but I've tried what I can find. I'm using the HD3000 with 1600x900+ config.plist. I've tried inject Intel graphics on and off. I've added Rehabman's mini-dsdt.aml and dual link to the Clover partition of the USB. I've rebuilt the install partition of the USB multiple times. There's activity on the USB stick (the light is flashing), but no display.

I also tried Mavericks but had the same result (after the grey apple screen, just black).

Any ideas?
my frend has same problem OS X insttaler use lift side wen change right side work is good​

Back