Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

4. Legacy OS boot

If you have Legacy OSes installed, you can enable Clover to boot legacy OS by editing your config.plist:
- Gui > Scan > Custom: check Legacy
- Boot > Legacy: LegacyBiosDefault

For 7-series laptops, you also have to select UEFI with CSM in BIOS.

so I followed these steps but I get nowhere.

I see the entries, am I supposed to set the to true? i do this and nothing happens.

Upgraded to 10.10.1 Yosemite, been running Yosemite on Probook 4530s low res screen since start of November, couple of things that are bugging me, and would like help fixing please.

When boot up Yosemite, and login to my ID, Iam at my desktop for a few seconds, then the screen will flicker then return to login details again, then once filled in again will take me to my desktop again.
When I’m logged into my user profile, I can no longer switch to another user, this happens on the login screen and within the desktop too. So if i have not used the laptop for a while and I give it to my partner the computer has not option to login to her User ID, so we need to reboot the computer to get her logged in, same thing happens vice versa
The USB 3.0 socket is not working, It was working before I upgraded to 10.10.1

Any ideas on how to fix these issue please.

Thanks

Upgraded to 10.10.1 Yosemite, been running Yosemite on Probook 4530s low res screen since start of November, couple of things that are bugging me, and would like help fixing please.

When boot up Yosemite, and login to my ID, Iam at my desktop for a few seconds, then the screen will flicker then return to login details again, then once filled in again will take me to my desktop again.

You probably have blinkscreen installed (and you have your security settings such that a password is required 'immediately'). Remove it. It is a plist in /Library/LaunchAgents.

When I’m logged into my user profile, I can no longer switch to another user, this happens on the login screen and within the desktop too. So if i have not used the laptop for a while and I give it to my partner the computer has not option to login to her User ID, so we need to reboot the computer to get her logged in, same thing happens vice versa

This is a setting in your "Login Options" -- see SysPrefs->Users & Groups.

The USB 3.0 socket is not working, It was working before I upgraded to 10.10.1

USB3 is a known problem. It should work provided the device is plugged in prior to cold boot, and you have the latest installed. Make sure you used the latest ProBook Installer to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext. See post #1.

I've been trying to get someone with USB3 to try the USB3 patches to AppleUSBXHCI by Zenith432 with NEC/Renasas. But AFAIK, so far, no one has tried.

As of now, it doesn't appear as if GenericUSBXHCI will get any more fixes. If you aren't willing to contribute (by trying the Zenith432 patches for AppleUSBXHCI and reporting results), and need USB3 on your 4530s, go back to Mavericks.

Thanks a lot for the guide!
I have HP ProBook 5330m and use the guide as for 4330. On Mavericks and Chameleon it worked with BCM94322HM8LI. Under Yosemite it didn't so I was advised to buy BCM943225HBM, but it still don't work (bluetooth is working; WiFi says "there is no hardware"). I see every boot a warning that current WiFi card is not supported by HP.
I tried different kexts and "fix airport" in Clover Configurator - nothing worked.
What can you advise to make it work? Please help!

Thanks a lot for the guide!
I have HP ProBook 5330m and use the guide as for 4330. On Mavericks and Chameleon it worked with BCM94322HM8LI. Under Yosemite it didn't so I was advised to buy BCM943225HBM, but it still don't work (bluetooth is working; WiFi says "there is no hardware"). I see every boot a warning that current WiFi card is not supported by HP.
I tried different kexts and "fix airport" in Clover Configurator - nothing worked.
What can you advise to make it work? Please help!

If your laptop has a whitelist, you must use a card that is compatible with the whitelist or rebrand it so it is compatible.

If your laptop has a whitelist, you must use a card that is compatible with the whitelist or rebrand it so it is compatible.
Can you give me a link how I can "rebrand it so it is compatible"?

Can you give me a link how I can "rebrand it so it is compatible"?

I only know of a guide for Atheros. If you find a guide for BCM, let us know. Also, you'll need to determine what cards (and their IDs) are on the BIOS whitelist -- refer to your service manual.

So, if understood correctly, at the moment there is no possibility to make it work?

So, if understood correctly, at the moment there is no possibility to make it work?

I have no idea. You have not provided enough information to make that determination.

According to HP's "quick specs", Broadcom 43224AGN is compatible with your laptop. And that same WiFi board may be also compatible with OS X. So... all you need is an HP branded BCM43224.

More detailed info may be available in the service manual, but I'll let you do the research there...

Back