Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

-FIXED with update- Clover seems to stop and does not provide me any error messages, I have even tried changing the platform-id (by modifying the config.plist file HD4400/4600 1366x768 in dropbox) for the to the others in the intel Azul family but nothing seems to happen.

I just get a blank screen. I enabled logging in Clover and I can see that it stops in where it might be loading kext? or just before it would. It basically just stalls, I wait and wait and nothing ever happens. Just a blank screen. I tried both the manual way of creating USB and easy way and on different USB sticks and the same thing always happens.

This is on one of HP's new laptops the G1 350 (i5-4210U) Haswell laptop with integrated Intel gfx HD4400. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• debug.log
    16.6 KB · Views: 47
Clover seems to stop and does not provide me any error messages, I have even tried changing the platform-id (by modifying the config.plist file HD4400/4600 1366x768 in dropbox) for the to the others in the intel Azul family but nothing seems to happen.

I just get a blank screen. I enabled logging in Clover and I can see that it stops in where it might be loading kext? or just before it would. It basically just stalls, I wait and wait and nothing ever happens. Just a blank screen. I tried both the manual way of creating USB and easy way and on different USB sticks and the same thing always happens.

This is on one of HP's new laptops the G1 350 (i5-4210U) Haswell laptop with integrated Intel gfx HD4400. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't take my word for it, but I heard OS X wasn't compatible with the HD4400. Might be just the desktop version though, not 100% sure..

Clover seems to stop and does not provide me any error messages, I have even tried changing the platform-id (by modifying the config.plist file HD4400/4600 1366x768 in dropbox) for the to the others in the intel Azul family but nothing seems to happen.

I decided to try the newest Clover instead of the one mentioned on the thread. How I got the installer to work was to copy the config.plist and kext files from the Clover version supplied on page 1 of this thread. Not sure why it worked, but it did. Now installing....

Don't take my word for it, but I heard OS X wasn't compatible with the HD4400. Might be just the desktop version though, not 100% sure..

HD4400 mobile is natively supported (for the most part). HD4400 desktop would require patches/injections/etc.

HD4400 mobile is natively supported (for the most part). HD4400 desktop would require patches/injections/etc.

Oh alright, good then. I need to look into the new Probooks with OS X compatibility, mine is getting a bit outdated, definitely gonna update in a few months.. hah.

Just for reference, the wake on sleep restart on the 6 series still isn't fixed right? It's pretty annoying that it restarts whenever I wake it up from sleep.

Just for reference, the wake on sleep restart on the 6 series still isn't fixed right? It's pretty annoying that it restarts whenever I wake it up from sleep.

The theory at the moment is the restart is caused by BTFirmwareUploader.kext.

Hey guys,

I have an HP EliteBook 840 G1 and am looking into replacing the WiFi card.

Reading the first post, these are supposed to be recommended cards...

Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- HP Probook 4x30s: HP-branded Atheros AR5B195
- HP Probook 6x60b/5330m, HP Elitebook 8x60p/2x60p: HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-001/582564-002)
- Other laptop:
WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)
WIFI + BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)

Am I right in assuming the bolded cards are indeed appropriate for my laptop?
Based on all the ebay descriptions, they are saying the cards don't work with HP laptops because of a BIOS block?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi guys, i tried to install yosemite followed the guide on my probook 6460b, how can I verify if all components are working well?

Compatible Wifi card

Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- HP Probook 4x30s: HP-branded Atheros AR5B195
- HP Probook 6x60b/5330m, HP Elitebook 8x60p/2x60p: HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-001/582564-002)
- Other laptop:
  • WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)
  • WIFI + BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)
And for the wifi card, I found on eBay for few euro "HP ProBook 6445B Series Wireless WiFi Card 582564-001"
dscn5661_2.jpg

is ok?

Sorry for my bad english

Hello, I have an EliteBook 8540p, detailed specs are attached. This model doesn't seem to be very common. I did a lot of search but didn't find an exact match. There is a "UEFI Boot Mode" in the BIOS, should I enable it? I tried to follow your procedure but you don't seem to have a config for my Graphic card (NVIDIA NVS 5100M).

I would really appreciate being directed to the right procedure to install Yosemite on it.

Thank you.

Attachments

• HP8540p.xml
    84 KB · Views: 151
Back