Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi.

Update for all?

I did what you suggested and did a clean install from the start. After installing the HP ProBook stuff just as a check I looked in Preferences/Network and lo and behold there was a Wi-Fi entry along with Ethernet and Bluetooth PAN. I looked in System Preferences/About this Mac and it listed my Mac as MacBookPro8,1 and in System Report under Wi-Fi it listed the Broadcom card as an Airport Extreme.

Wi-Fi is working with no further input from me, I have not had to change my Mac to an MacBookAir5,2?

The only difference to my install this time is I had Bluetooth turned on during the 'Installation' phase!

I do have one problem the laptop seems to hang after shutting down or restarting but I can live with that for the time being.

I was happy with mavericks and I was installing Yosemite as an exercise just to see if I could achieve it... Too much time on my hands, retirement and all that :)

I would like to echo that this guide has been invaluable.

Many Thanks to all the contributors.

I added the patch for Broadcom 43224 in the latest PBI CE, that's why it works now.

Please help.. I think I messed up OS X boot loader.. I get this error now when I try to boot OS X. This happened after I installed the Lightup theme on Clover :/

Attachments

• IMG_7513.jpg
    IMG_7513.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 112
Am making a new install disk, maybe something wrong with it...
I just tried using a Mavericks install disk and that one booted into the install menu.

I noticed that I couldn't see my internal shdd (sata disk with m-ssd cache raid) drive though :|

-- edit --

Well the new install disk didn't matter ... so hopefully someone here can clarify what the problem is why i don't get into the install menu.

Please help.. I think I messed up OS X boot loader.. I get this error now when I try to boot OS X. This happened after I installed the Lightup theme on Clover :/

You probably corrupted your config.plist.

Am making a new install disk, maybe something wrong with it...
I just tried using a Mavericks install disk and that one booted into the install menu.

I noticed that I couldn't see my internal shdd (sata disk with m-ssd cache raid) drive though :|

-- edit --

Well the new install disk didn't matter ... so hopefully someone here can clarify what the problem is why i don't get into the install menu.

Check that you followed post #1 exactly.

You should boot verbose to troubleshoot.

You probably corrupted your config.plist.

How can I fix it ? I'm kinda hoping to avoid reinstalling OS X.. I don't want to have to make a new boot USB lol. Oh and the thing is, I tried booting to OS X from a diff USB I had configured for my desktop, it has Chameleon on it, but it won't boot from there either, so I'm pretty stumped..

How can I fix it ? I'm kinda hoping to avoid reinstalling OS X.. I don't want to have to make a new boot USB lol. Oh and the thing is, I tried booting to OS X from a diff USB I had configured for my desktop, it has Chameleon on it, but it won't boot from there either, so I'm pretty stumped..

Copy original plist from those linked by post #1.

Check that you followed post #1 exactly.

You should boot verbose to troubleshoot.
I did exactly all the steps, I just did 2a again, because I wasn't sure I aborted it by accident.
I took some photos in verbose mode, they are on page 134 and 135.
I searched if could create a log file of the entire boot process, but can't seem to get it working :rolleyes:

I did exactly all the steps, I just did 2a again, because I wasn't sure I aborted it by accident.
I took some photos in verbose mode, they are on page 134 and 135.
I searched if could create a log file of the entire boot process, but can't seem to get it working :rolleyes:

Read RED text in post #1.

Back