Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hello,

had to post again, because I`m still looking for advice. Maybe someone can help me?

I tried 2b on my 6570b. Right now I'm stuck at step 5. Apple logo and loading bar appear, but the bar stays empty and it doesn't go on to start screen with disk utility and so on.

I would be very happy, if someone could help. Tell me if you need more info.

Read the RED text in post #1.

Also, please fill out your hardware details...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

If I have a 10.9 install that I did with probook installer/unibeast, can I upgrade with Clover? Or do I need to install the latest BIOS?
Can someone help with this?

Hey All,

I'm trying to install yosemite with this tutorial and I get to step 5. I select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" it takes me to a black screen with a white apple and a progress bar, but it doesn't look like the progress bar is moving. I've been waiting for 30 mins and still no progress....

Sorry I'm doing this on a Probook 6570b

i5-3210M(2.50GHz)
4GB
Intel HD4000

Hey All,

I'm trying to install yosemite with this tutorial and I get to step 5. I select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" it takes me to a black screen with a white apple and a progress bar, but it doesn't look like the progress bar is moving. I've been waiting for 30 mins and still no progress....

What config.plist did you choose? Boot verbose to troubleshoot.

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I attached a pic of the verbose error. also how do I change the config?

Sorry I updated my Profile.

I havent installed a bootloader but I'm using clover bootloader installed on my USB stick.

So I re read the instructions and I figured out what I did wrong sorry ma bad!!!

Attachments

• 20141119_225255.jpg
    20141119_225255.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 94
Dear friend

I'm new here, Im successfully install to my 4540s sometime I've got panic when boot but after reboot few time it work fine. now I design to install SSD to my 4540s please help me about Trim Enabler, I saw in post 1 but I dont know how and where to put it in please teach me how to do it.:p<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Trim Enabler</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QVBQTEUgU1NE
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAAAAAAAA
</data>
</dict>

Hey there, i have 4540s with lowres display, everything worked fine and according to the guide in the first post. But i have one question. I had 10.8 previously and what i discovered after installing 10.10 is that the left side of the laptop has hugely increased heat in contrast to the 10.8 especially in the part left from the touchpad. Probably is the cpu or gpu. The fan sounds quiter i installed all possible fan options from the proobook installer but none seems to increase fans. The temp of the processors is averaging around 45-47 degrees. I also noticed that the battery has shorter life. Is this due to larger demands of cpu/gpu usage by the 10.10 or is it some kexts that are not working okay? Is it possible to turn off some services or lower the graphic demands or just live with it?

Back