Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

No luck. Nothing works. Couldn't make it work. :banghead:

Mavericks on this system was perfect but I love Yosemite.
How can I make it work?

Please help.

Please note RED text in post #1.

Pretty sure i made the USB correctly.

I boot into the usb and choose install yosemite (easy enough) , it takes a bit for the apple sign to load but right after i get a blank grey screen and it doesn't go past that.

Have 4530s A7K06UT

and attached is a link to my trouble shoot

View attachment EFI.zip

Pretty sure i made the USB correctly.

I boot into the usb and choose install yosemite (easy enough) , it takes a bit for the apple sign to load but right after i get a blank grey screen and it doesn't go past that.

Have 4530s A7K06UT

and attached is a link to my trouble shoot

View attachment 114480

Where did you get the config.plist? The one you have is incorrect. See post #1 for links.

Attachments

• HS_install.log.zip
    145.9 KB · Views: 68
  • HS_AppleHDAIDT.kext.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 100
  • HS_CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 71
Noted. Now the required files are hereby attached.
Thanks for your help.

I don't know if it is a bug in the ProBook Installer, or the selections you made in the ProBook Installer (there were far too many runs of the ProBook Installer in that log for me to look at). You should do a fresh install, and run the ProBook Installer *once* with the correct selections for your hardware...

But... your config.plist is lacking the correct entries for HD4600.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-fix-intel-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Where did you get the config.plist? The one you have is incorrect. See post #1 for links.

I got the download from the link/ Used the HD 3000 1366x768 config.plist

Well i downloaded again (maybe a bad download)

But still didn't work. I restored defaults in bios and did as the guide said for bios settings.

See attached for new troubleshoot.

View attachment EFI.zip

I got the download from the link/ Used the HD 3000 1366x768 config.plist

Well i downloaded again (maybe a bad download)

But still didn't work. I restored defaults in bios and did as the guide said for bios settings.

See attached for new troubleshoot.

View attachment 114484

Boot verbose to troubleshoot. Provide a quality photo of the entire screen where it stops.

Boot verbose to troubleshoot. Provide a quality photo of the entire screen where it stops.

Couldn't get a pic when it stopped because it went to a blank black screen after but this is what i could get.

2014-11-18 19.55.02.jpg2014-11-18 19.55.26.jpg2014-11-18 19.55.49.jpg2014-11-18 19.56.30.jpg2014-11-18 19.56.35.jpg

This is my first time installing with Clover UEFI and I'm lost. :(

I used the Manual way (2b) and then at step 6:

"6. Press spacebar if a nagging screen about Mouse/keyboard appears. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and install Yosemite to your formatted partition..."

There isn't an Install screen. Only "OS X Utilities", and the options are "Restore...", "Reinstall...", "Get Help..." and "Disk Utility". I tried Reinstall (after formatting with Disk Utility as instruction) but it didn't allow me to proceed further: "This is not a supported method of installing the operating system."

What is wrong?

cci[RR]us;925869 said:
This is my first time installing with Clover UEFI and I'm lost. :(

I used the Manual way (2b) and then at step 6:

"6. Press spacebar if a nagging screen about Mouse/keyboard appears. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and install Yosemite to your formatted partition..."

There isn't an Install screen. Only "OS X Utilities", and the options are "Restore...", "Reinstall...", "Get Help..." and "Disk Utility". I tried Reinstall (after formatting with Disk Utility as instruction) but it didn't allow me to proceed further: "This is not a supported method of installing the operating system."

What is wrong?
Because you made mistakes at step 2b.

Back