Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I read the instructions million times, but I still don't know what should I do often formatting the drive. How do I instal it? I have 2b method so that means I can skip to #10 after formatting the drive?

I don't know how to explain any better than in post #1. You need to take the time to read it carefully.

Should Yosemite installer start automatically? Because when I select language next step is Osx utilities but I don't see any installer.

Should Yosemite installer start automatically? Because when I select language next step is Osx utilities but I don't see any installer.

It sounds like you didn't create the USB correctly. It must be created exactly as steps 2a or 2b. No room for errors.

I just did a clean install.
Reset EC. Install Yosemite. Press F4 before first boot. Booting. Install PBI CE.
I have graphical glitches like never before. I know the HD 3000 is problematic, but since I installed Yosemite a month ago I didn't have one glitch. I almost thought they are gone forever. I'm not sure if this a problem with aptiofix or maybe the Busspeed was changed in the latest clover. I need to do more testing. Do you know how can I obtain information on Busspeed so I can compare the new Clover with Clover 2k_2999?

I just did a clean install.
Reset EC. Install Yosemite. Press F4 before first boot. Booting. Install PBI CE.
I have graphical glitches like never before. I know the HD 3000 is problematic, but since I installed Yosemite a month ago I didn't have one glitch. I almost thought they are gone forever. I'm not sure if this a problem with aptiofix or maybe the Busspeed was changed in the latest clover. I need to do more testing. Do you know how can I obtain information on Busspeed so I can compare the new Clover with Clover 2k_2999?

You can use Darwin Dumper.

I found something in Darwin Dumper/Firmware Log. I think this is the value I'm looking for:

Finally: Bus=99773kHz CPU=2494Mhz

I will downgrade to older PBI CE which comes with previous clover 2999 then see what's happening. Thanks for your message. Your time is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: The Busspeed seems to be the same on both Clover 2999 and Clover 3023. No graphical glitches on v2999 (PBI CE 6.2.13 is rock stable) I will do more testing with the beta and try to remove "dart=0".

2b. image.jpg
Not workin HP probook 470 G2

Back