Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi,

Anyone has this Yosemite bug where you can not change your'e user picture?
??

Hi, I have the same HP EliteBook that you have (changed the WiFi card to a BCM 42234).
Using the guide I managed to to have a funtional Yosemite install (USB3, Battery ... and fianly WiFi by changing the SMBIOS to MacBookAir 5,2), but then I did the procedure to fix iCloud but when I restarted, just at the third of the boot, the screen goes black.
Reinstalled with a pre patched (MacBookAri5,2) plist file to have WiFi ... No battery
Retried to patch with PBI CE and now back to the black screen at boot.

Could you send me the tweek in the procedure you used to have it fully foncional.

A big thanks

Sory, my post was a bit for dermeisterPR

"Last weekend I upgraded my fully working Mavericks Hackintosh 2570 elitebook to Yosemite. Problems encountered where No Wifi and No sound. Got those issues solved and now have fully working Yosemite on my 2570 laptop (still no iMessage, but fixed ROM and MLB per instructions on other thread on these forums and now need to give Apple a call to remove the lock)"

I've got a brand new, out of the box, HP Probook 650G1 that I'm attempting to dual boot using Yosemite and Windows 8.1

I followed your step-by-step guide to create the USB boot stick and got to Step 8 of the Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI" and selected "Boot OS X Install from OS X Base System" at which point the screen flickered and went back to the Windows "F8" boot options menu.

I noticed that the Probook 650 G1 was not specified in your listed of HP Laptops that were supported.
Any idea of where I might have gone wrong or where I can proceed from here?

Thanks,
TS

I have encountered a very strange problem, I have been running the Public Beta of Yosemite up to and including Beta 6 on an HP EliteBook 8560p with HD 3000 Graphics including several re-installs from USB. However whenever I try to Install the released version my laptop gets a panic error and reboots during OS X boot, after selecting Install OS X at the Clover boot screen. I can re-install Beta 4 without issue, but any attempt to upgrade to full product produces the same black screen panic error. Has anyone else come across this issue, I have resorted to running beta 6 in the interim.

Thank you for advice. I filled my hardware in profile settings, hope it will help to solve my problem. I have blank grey screen with mouse pointer only after booting from clover.

If I havn`t stated smth necessary I attach CPU-Z report in *.txt file. Thank you.
My CPU-Z Report: View attachment 109211

See my notes earlier in this thread regarding HD3000.

I've got a brand new, out of the box, HP Probook 650G1 that I'm attempting to dual boot using Yosemite and Windows 8.1

I followed your step-by-step guide to create the USB boot stick and got to Step 8 of the Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI" and selected "Boot OS X Install from OS X Base System" at which point the screen flickered and went back to the Windows "F8" boot options menu.

I noticed that the Probook 650 G1 was not specified in your listed of HP Laptops that were supported.
Any idea of where I might have gone wrong or where I can proceed from here?

Thanks,
TS

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Back