Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hey,

I had Mavericks installed on my 8460p - and then wanted to do a clean update to Yosemite. I created the USB-Stick, formated the HDD and installed Yosemite successful.

Now, when i try to boot osx, it tells me, that my system is locked and i have to enter a 6 digit code.

i tried to reinstall several times. installed windows to clean ram etc. and tried again to install yosemite.
i also tried to HardReset my HP (take battery/ac out - press PowerButton for 15s) but no luck.

i always end up with that locked-page :/ what can i do?

I'm not certain on this, but a guess to fix...

- install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi
- reinstall with it

My thought... you've got a random serial# that happens to be locked. Because of real NVRAM, you can't clear it. Using Emu helps and re-installing will give you a different serial# (you really should use the old smbios data from your Mavericks install, instead of new smbios data).

I could be a little off on this, as this new "real" NVRAM stuff is new for me...

i am stuck at the step that says "- Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to OS X Base System (on your USB)"....where is Base System on my USB?? or does that just mean root of USB?

i am stuck at the step that says "- Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to OS X Base System (on your USB)"....where is Base System on my USB?? or does that just mean root of USB?

It is the root of the USB... at that point your USB is labeled as 'OS X Base System' because of the clone in the prior step.

I'm not certain on this, but a guess to fix...

- install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi
- reinstall with it

thx! a try worth! may i ask, could you provide me the EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi?

by install, i guess u mean, i should copy it to EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI?

Thanks for the response. I tried putting it in the root just on a whim. My drive wasn't renamed in the cloning process, it was still "MacUSB" but it did install. Got to get sound working and my files from my other drive (installed Yosemite on another drive).....other than that, this guide is great!

Thanks for the response. I tried putting it in the root just on a whim. My drive wasn't renamed in the cloning process, it was still "MacUSB" but it did install. Got to get sound working and my files from my other drive (installed Yosemite on another drive).....other than that, this guide is great!

I wish it weren't true, but Disk Utility *does* relabel the destination to the label of the source during a Restore operation (annoying).

Is the USB 3.0 port not working? I plugged a hard drive in it and can't get it working.....is there anything else not working?

I just want to know if my Probook 4230s w/ 12 inch display hd3000 1200x800 res is compatible with clover config list..i dont see a config list that match my model. im itching to switch to clover

Back