Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Yeah I saw that, but at no point did it work in my installation. I took photos of each stage and the F4 Part was not working for me.

I believe nguyenmac is referring to this part:
*** If you have any problems, please post troubleshooting files***
***I will not answer any problems if you ignore this***

See post #1. Read it carefully.

Yeah I saw that, but at no point did it work in my installation. I took photos of each stage and the F4 Part was not working for me.

What are you talking about? I said RED LINES.

What about this:
- Probook/Elitebook Logos: Change MacBook logos in About This Mac to Probook/EliteBook
In OS X 10.10 is no longer listed logo with the laptop model:)

So I have to change config.plist in pre-install and post-install? The patched dsdt has correct injected info so we can set InjectIntel=True right?

It seems that the Inject/Intel=true at post-install is ok. Just not for install (need SSDT to inject snb-platform-id and Inject/Intel=false).

Note: It is a bit strange to have Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x166003 for HD3000...

I had some difficulty with the whole F4 thing. But I use a custom EFI USB setup for installing... I use the OEM directory to have a single USB to install on multiple machines, so F4 put the files in "EFI/Clover/OEM/HP ProBook 4530s/ACPI/origin". Realizing this after running the ProBook Installer, I copied the files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin and re-ran PBI-CE. Still had an error, I think because now the EFI partition on the HDD was mounted (and there are no files there). So, I copied the files to the HDD EFI partition at EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin and then the DSDT patcher in PBI-CE worked. Seems like the PBI doesn't quite know where to go looking for the ACPI/origin files.

If possible, you might want to code in an alternative extraction technique that uses 'patchmatic -extract'. This will also help those that forget to press F4. Even I did that first time.

Other notes:

- You might want to mention the need to visit SysPrefs->Security & Privacy before running PBI-CE

- Hibernatemode was set to 0, but the large sleepimage file at /var/vm/sleepimage was still there

- I guess EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi isn't strictly necessary anymore?

- Will probably disable the VGA patch and create a patch that only fixes HDMI-audio (not a fan of the VGA patch)

- My 4530s will not boot OS X via Clover from the USB port at the front right side. The other three ports are ok. The symptom of this problem was that it would hang just after "UUID is.." line before the '+++++++'. Lesson there: if you hang before the '+++++', try a different USB port.

- My first attempt at createinstallmedia failed due to too new of a USB, or too large, or that it was a USB3 stick. It reported a corrupt install at the end of phase1. I recreated the stick on an older USB2 stick (8GB) and then the OS X installer worked fine.

- A cache rebuild is definitely required for Ethernet and audio. I just used 'sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions' and did a reboot.

For my ProBook 4340s (Ivy Bridge) model, would it be advisable to configure Clover with the following options:

Boot: -xcpm
Kernel and Kext patches: KernelPm (Would I remove ASUS AICPUPM?)

I say this as I think i've read this improves speed stepping for ivy bridge models?

Cheers,
Craig

For my ProBook 4340s (Ivy Bridge) model, would it be advisable to configure Clover with the following options:

Boot: -xcpm
Kernel and Kext patches: KernelPm (Would I remove ASUS AICPUPM?)

I say this as I think i've read this improves speed stepping for ivy bridge models?

Cheers,
Craig

Personal choice. Keep in mind real Macs with Ivy currently don't run that way by default.

... But I don't need ASUS AICPUPM if I have KernelPm enabled?

Correct because AICPUPM should never load, but you might want to keep in enabled for the case that AICPUPM.kext does load. No harm in keeping a patch enabled for code that is not running.

Also does darkwake=10 offer any improvements?

I've never found any good documentation on the meaning of darkwake, and have never found the need to use it.

I've never found any good documentation on the meaning of darkwake, and have never found the need to use it.

Complete agreement with this.

One last item: When I closed the lid of the laptop whilst it was running Mountain Lion it used to go to sleep perfectly. However with the fresh install of Yosemite, now the screen will go black but the HDD, CPU and fans are all still on. To confuse the matter - selecting sleep from the apple menu will work correctly. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Edit. (Off topic). Keyboard preferences -> "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys", will randomly re-enable itself.. Requiring Fn + Function key again. No third party apps for anything related to this are installed.

One last item: When I closed the lid of the laptop whilst it was running Mountain Lion it used to go to sleep perfectly. However with the fresh install of Yosemite, now the screen will go black but the HDD, CPU and fans are all still on. To confuse the matter - selecting sleep from the apple menu will work correctly. Is there a setting I'm missing?

I just tested on my 4540s. First I checked 'pmset -g assertions' to be certain they were all clear. Then I closed the lid. It went to sleep. In fact, I think the delay for sleep is shorter than it was for Mavericks.

Edit. (Off topic). Keyboard preferences -> "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys", will randomly re-enable itself.. Requiring Fn + Function key again. No third party apps for anything related to this are installed.

Be aware that (left)ctrl+prtsc or (left)ctrl+fn+delete are keyboard shortcuts for toggling that mode.

Back