Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

i have installed win 8.1 and mac osx 10.9.2 non clover

can i install yosemite with clover UEFi without losing windows 8.1

i have probook 4540s

i have installed win 8.1 and mac osx 10.9.2 non clover

can i install yosemite with clover UEFi without losing windows 8.1

i have probook 4540s

Yes. But your Win81 is likely installed legacy, and you will need to re-install the Windows bootloader to the MBR (use BOOTREC.EXE). You can google instructions for using BOOTREC.

You should do it one step at a time. First transition to Clover, then fix the Windows booting, then update to Yosemite. You should also make a backup in case you make a mistake.

Updated the guide, thanks!

That's interesting, I just installed Yosemite (the installer usb stick was made with createinstallmedia) and the installation did indeed have 2 stages (first one for veryfing the image, second for actual installing).

That's interesting, I just installed Yosemite (the installer usb stick was made with createinstallmedia) and the installation did indeed have 2 stages (first one for veryfing the image, second for actual installing).

Not really that interesting. Same as it always has been... Difference between 2a and 2b methods of creating USB installer.

Not really that interesting. Same as it always has been... Difference between 2a and 2b methods of creating USB installer.

I know. I just don't think the old 7-9 steps from the guide should've been removed.

I know. I just don't think the old 7-9 steps from the guide should've been removed.

Reading current post #1, seems like all the steps are there (from what I remember)...

I used 2b (Manual Way) to create my USB. At step 5, I select "Boot Mac OS X from Base System". After that I see the white Apple logo with a progress bar on the black background. Once that's done, I get stuck on a gray screen with the spinning beach ball. Any suggestions?

I used 2b (Manual Way) to create my USB. At step 5, I select "Boot Mac OS X from Base System". After that I see the white Apple logo with a progress bar on the black background. Once that's done, I get stuck on a gray screen with the spinning beach ball. Any suggestions?

Redownload Clover.zip, or try 2a.

i erased my osx drive so i could perform clean install how ever i get " This partion map modification would make a windows partition unbootable, Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again "

i have windows 8.1 dual boot so maybe i should erase some different than first option which is Fast.
Edit : Some help how to erase and overide without losing windows :|:|

Back