Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I updated CLOVER, and I believed updated the IntelBacklight.kext file, but I don't think I put the file in the correct spot as it still froze at the same spot? Was I suppose to use Kext Wizard and install it to S/L/E, or put it into the /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts?

Sorry for the difficulty, I'm just so used to doing patch works like I did with my old Dell Inspiron 1525 with SL, I've never had something to where I can just use EFI and install an operating system let alone be able to update it

*EDIT*

I ran into a different issue attempting to reinstall OS X (any version actually). I was getting a Install OS X <Version> could not be verified error. My only choice was to rollback my date by 2 years to get it to even install.

I have now installed Mavericks, and updated my IntelBacklight.kext file and everything is working so far. I'm now in the process of updating it to 10.9.5, and was actually wondering if updating to Yosemite using the installer is viable?

Only thing I don't have working is WiFi, but it is expected as I have a Dell Wireless 1704 installed, but I have a Broadcom 4322 on order, so that'll be taken care of. :)

I updated CLOVER, and I believed updated the IntelBacklight.kext file, but I don't think I put the file in the correct spot as it still froze at the same spot? Was I suppose to use Kext Wizard and install it to S/L/E, or put it into the /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts?

All kexts should be installed to /S/L/E (or /L/E, but I think PBI-CE installs to /S/L/E). IntelBacklight.kext is not necessary at all in EFI/Clover/kexts.

I have now installed Mavericks, and updated my IntelBacklight.kext file and everything is working so far. I'm now in the process of updating it to 10.9.5, and was actually wondering if updating to Yosemite using the installer is viable?

Essentially the same setup is used in 10.9/10.10/10.11.

(There are a few minor differences in 10.11, accounted for in PBI-CE though).

Well, I am now completely up and running on 10.11.3. Did a upgrade from 10.9.5, which went incredibly well and without issue, so I really appreciate all your help with answering my questions, and well just being very patient. :D

I did all of steps but I still can't boot form HDD ... And I followed the guide step by step

I did all of steps but I still can't boot form HDD ... And I followed the guide step by step

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
IMG_20160218_202134.jpgView attachment Troubleshooting 2016-02-17 16-01.zipIMG_20160218_202335.jpg

Hm... So my Broadcom 43224HMS wifi card came in today. Installed it, hit F4 to rebuild a clean DSDT with it, booted, ran PBI CE, installed patched DSDT, all kexts install for 4x40s series, and even did the SSDT just for good measure. WiFi card is seen by OS X, but I'm unable to turn it on, it is stuck in WiFi is Off. o_O I've disabled LAN/WLAN switching in BIOS, Wake on USB, Wake on LAN, etc.

Is there something I'm missing to get this working properly?

Please disregard... I didn't reset my network configuration by deleting the two files under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. WiFi is now on and working properly! :D

Back