Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Never trust software like that...

I'm not sure why people need a program like TM to copy files... Doesn't Finder copy files pretty well?
I wanted it to copy my user + user settings more than anything. I didn't want to have to worry about the keychain access either as I have a lot of certs and keys associated with development that I've done on my machine. That stuff is like a black box to me so I didn't want to have to manually do stuff with it if I didn't have to.

A 1-click tool (in theory) should be much easier than having to manually copy stuff. That's what the feature is supposed to be there for.

I wanted it to copy my user + user settings more than anything. I didn't want to have to worry about the keychain access either as I have a lot of certs and keys associated with development that I've done on my machine. That stuff is like a black box to me so I didn't want to have to manually do stuff with it if I didn't have to.

A 1-click tool (in theory) should be much easier than having to manually copy stuff. That's what the feature is supposed to be there for.

Problem is these 1-click tools always do things you didn't authorize and are generally pretty buggy.

It is the same in the Mac world as in the Windows world...

Problem is these 1-click tools always do things you didn't authorize and are generally pretty buggy.

It is the same in the Mac world as in the Windows world...
Yeah, found it out the hard way unfortunately. I hope that is the only issue though. A quick google search also pulls up information that this does happen sometimes too, and there really isn't a common fix for it.

Oh also, do I need to rebuild the cache after I remove those kexts, or can I just restart? Is there a command to rebuild cache on startup? I thought there was with the hackintosh however I don't have the command line like Chameleon on a MacBook when booting.

Oh also, do I need to rebuild the cache after I remove those kexts, or can I just restart? Is there a command to rebuild cache on startup? I thought there was with the hackintosh however I don't have the command line like Chameleon on a MacBook when booting.

It will probably rebuild automatically, but...
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Turns out that was the problem, thanks for the help.

I also noticed in that directory, all of the "bad" kexts had a blue dot next to them in the finder. So I guess that should have been a hint too.

Turns out that was the problem, thanks for the help.

I also noticed in that directory, all of the "bad" kexts had a blue dot next to them in the finder. So I guess that should have been a hint too.

Yes, the ProBook Installer marks kexts it installs with a blue tag.

I have install Macos EI Capitan follow this guide, everything goes well but I can't boot from HDD
My computer: Elitebook 8470p, cpu: 3320M, ram 8GB, vga:HD4000

"Clover UEFI: Install Clover UEFI bootloader

OS X support kexts: select only the version that matches your laptop (4x30s, 4x40s, etc).
Config and DSDT patcher:- ProBook model: your Probook Model
- Fan behavior: Readings only.
- Display type: your display resolution
SSDT generator/patcher: Generate SSDT.aml for your CPU Management

Misc OS X fixes:- Probook/Elitebook Logos: Change MacBook logos in About This Mac to Probook/EliteBook
- Fix EDID: Don't select
- Color profiles: Recommended.
- Atheros Bluetooth/Broadcom Bluetooth: If you have a compatible bluetooth card.
Note: 4x30s have to install Atheros Bluetooth to get USB 3.0 working.

Extra tools: All optional. Select the ones you want.- Troubleshooting: Collect all troubleshooting files. (only in PBI CE 4.2.15+)

After making your selections, click 'Continue' and allow the ProBook Installer to work. Then restart."

All select correct but I can't boot from HDD. It go straight to window. How to fix it?

All select correct but I can't boot from HDD. It go straight to window. How to fix it?

Read the dual boot Windows info in post #1.

I just bricked my Acer Aspire 4752 :(

I have a replacement ProBook 6550b and used the RAM and HDD from the Acer. Pity the Caviar Black installed was only 250GB, or I would keep using this lovely 7200rpm HDD.

Anyways, I have ordered a Broadcom "BCM943224HMS 802.11a/b/g/n PCI Express Half Mini Card For HP 582564-001 Laptop"

Doubt it will work tho, damn whitelist is HORRID.

Will give this a try when the card arrives...

Cheers.

Back