Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I updated Clover, didn't help, but changing InjectKexts to false did work-- Thanks! :clap:

To boot recovery, you'll need to press spacebar and choose to inject kexts...

Today, I installed yosemite, after working as guides at # 1. I was able to boot into mac os. But it only works when I boot with bootx64.efi file in usb. When I boot with hdd, it only does screen clover, then the apple logo and screen with just black out.
Please help me fix it. My machine is 8460p, HD3000.

//

I just found this, the screen remains visible, but it is very dark and black like this

( sr for my english )

Press your brightness up key.

^ thanks you very much !!!

Now, I'm installing Win 7. I followed instructions but it error "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation can not proceed".
I install windows 7 usb created by Rufus, created partitions according the steps as guide.
Please help me

Now, I'm installing Win 7. I followed instructions but it error "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation can not proceed".
I install windows 7 usb created by Rufus, created partitions according the steps as guide.
Please help me

Are you installing Windows to the main SATA drive?

No need for Rufus. Windows installer can be created by simply copying the ISO contents to a FAT32 formatted USB.

You can then boot the BOOTX64.efi via BIOS.

Windows 7 requires CSM to be enabled in BIOS.

Are you installing Windows to the main SATA drive?

No need for Rufus. Windows installer can be created by simply copying the ISO contents to a FAT32 formatted USB.

You can then boot the BOOTX64.efi via BIOS.

Windows 7 requires CSM to be enabled in BIOS.

I install windows 7 on macos's hdd installed. I do not find cms in bios, it located?

I install windows 7 on macos's hdd installed. I do not find cms in bios, it located?

CSM not, CMS. Compatibility support module. May be called "hybrid" or other nonsense.

Look at your boot option regarding UEFI...

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

CSM not, CMS. Compatibility support module. May be called "hybrid" or other nonsense.

Look at your boot option regarding UEFI...

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I'm sorry, my mistake. but I do not find that setting in my bios

I'm sorry, my mistake. but I do not find that setting in my bios

Thanks for filling out your profile.

There is no option for CSM in 6-series (chipset) laptops. It is always enabled. In 7-series, you can enable/disable it.

Thanks for filling out your profile.

There is no option for CSM in 6-series (chipset) laptops. It is always enabled. In 7-series, you can enable/disable it.

So now what should I do to install Win 7 ?

Back