Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

@demonknight9, danndynoob:
The moment you copied efi from usb to efi partition, everything will not work. Audio battery only works until you installed HP PBI CE and do nothing else. Please post troubleshooting files instead of doing this.

Or you can try an older version of HP PBI CE. Make sure you removed the EFI folder you copied, boot from USB and install PBI CE again.

BOOM!! Everything works! Thank you so much for the tip nguyenmac!!!!!! Infreakincredible! Everything just works. Speechless!

BOOM!! Everything works! Thank you so much for the tip nguyenmac!!!!!! Infreakincredible! Everything just works. Speechless!

What version of PBI CE did you just install?

Why on this page you leave older versions of Clover and Config?:think:

hey I have a big hard drive can I put windows and mac on the same hd like chimera?If I can how?I read your post but you say only if I have 2 hd's.I need the dvd and I cant replace it.Is there any way that i can boot same hd both operating systems.I dont understand.o_Oo_O

hey I have a big hard drive can I put windows and mac on the same hd like chimera?If I can how?I read your post but you say only if I have 2 hd's.I need the dvd and I cant replace it.Is there any way that i can boot same hd both operating systems.I dont understand.o_Oo_O

Read post #1. Carefully.

Thanks rehab found it but I need to format before the mac os x installation or after thats what I dont know.because if now I have yosemite go to disk utility i cant format.So.I boot to the clover disk go to disk utiity and format my drive to 2 partitions of Mac os x extended format install windows by formatting the partition.And after this I go straight to install yosemite and normal setup right?

Thanks rehab found it but I need to format before the mac os x installation or after thats what I dont know.because if now I have yosemite go to disk utility i cant format.So.I boot to the clover disk go to disk utiity and format my drive to 2 partitions of Mac os x extended format install windows by formatting the partition.And after this I go straight to install yosemite and normal setup right?

The guide is written assuming you already installed Yosemite.

Add an extra "partition" of "free space" in Disk Utility. Create an NTFS partition in that space within the Windows installer to use as Windows install target.

You can also create an HFS+J partition as place-holder for eventual Windows target (to be removed or reformatted within the Windows installer), but I like using "free space" instead, although it is not so intuitive in Disk Utility.

What version of PBI CE did you just install?

Latest one mate. I think the crucial thing I did was to completely delete the efi folder. What I was doing before was installing over the same efi folder. Everything works, the only thing not working is bluetooth. audio started to work after the second reboot. Everyone says that the 9470m has a bluetooth chip separate from the wifi card but I'm not so sure anymore.
I replaced my wifi with the broadcom wireless n and that is even working at 5Ghz but just as a third party wireless adapter. It does not hinder functionality in anyway. Not that I can see anyway. Does my laptop have bluetooth?

Latest one mate. I think the crucial thing I did was to completely delete the efi folder. What I was doing before was installing over the same efi folder. Everything works, the only thing not working is bluetooth. audio started to work after the second reboot. Everyone says that the 9470m has a bluetooth chip separate from the wifi card but I'm not so sure anymore.
I replaced my wifi with the broadcom wireless n and that is even working at 5Ghz but just as a third party wireless adapter. It does not hinder functionality in anyway. Not that I can see anyway. Does my laptop have bluetooth?

Assuming your laptop has BCM BT, you probably forgot to install a BT firmware uploader.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Back