Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I have read and followed the post several times....... on my hp probook every think works fine but im also a windows user because all my school work in on windows including all softwares designed by the school....
but after a successful installation of ysesimite anytime i try to install windows 8 ufei mode all i get is..."windows cannot update your computers boot confiuration " i need help......
Disable upgrade bay (caddy) in bios.

Without troubleshooting files...

Re-download Yosemite from Mac App Store. Do a fresh install.

I reinstalled Yosemite with the latest file from the Appstore, and still no sound hardware is being detected

However, now i don´t get any errors when running PBI. Please see the attached files.

A question: after instalation, is Clover suposed to boot with kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 or not? Right now, when it boot with those flags i get a kernel panic and it reboots...i only boot properly without those flags.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-05-12 12-23.zip
    8 MB · Views: 42
I reinstalled Yosemite with the latest file from the Appstore, and still no sound hardware is being detected

However, now i don´t get any errors when running PBI. Please see the attached files.

A question: after instalation, is Clover suposed to boot with kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 or not? Right now, when it boot with those flags i get a kernel panic and it reboots...i only boot properly without those flags.

kext-dev-mode=1 is required. It is shown in your config.plist. Not much will work without kext-dev-mode=1.

Did you rebuild cache as described in step 14?

If you have a panic with kext-dev-mode=1, show photo.

While repairing permissions i figured the problem is the external display (it shows displaypolicyd being fixed)...so, i booted without the external screen (connected with hdmi-vga convertor), and it worked (kext-dev-mode=1)...however, if i try to connect the monitor, it will get a kp and reboot.

So, the only way i can use the external sceen is booting without
kext-dev-mode=1. I have to say though, that while using the probook after booting that way i didn´t notice anything not working besides sound...

Anyway, i´d like to find a way to fix this screen issue...

Hi i used the Method in #Post1 and getting very close to install yosimite on my Hp Pro Book 430 G1

But when i boot into Installer it is searching for Online Installation Information and says:
"could bot find Installation Information for this machine"

I guess it is a missing or false entry in config.plist from CLOVER folder..
Anyone an idea? means that it is not allowed install Yosemite in Intel notebook?

While repairing permissions i figured the problem is the external display (it shows displaypolicyd being fixed)...so, i booted without the external screen (connected with hdmi-vga convertor), and it worked (kext-dev-mode=1)...however, if i try to connect the monitor, it will get a kp and reboot.

So, the only way i can use the external sceen is booting without
kext-dev-mode=1. I have to say though, that while using the probook after booting that way i didn´t notice anything not working besides sound...

Anyway, i´d like to find a way to fix this screen issue...

Provide crash report.

Hi i used the Method in #Post1 and getting very close to install yosimite on my Hp Pro Book 430 G1

But when i boot into Installer it is searching for Online Installation Information and says:
"could bot find Installation Information for this machine"

I guess it is a missing or false entry in config.plist from CLOVER folder..
Anyone an idea? means that it is not allowed install Yosemite in Intel notebook?

Use method "2a". There is less chance for pilot error (as it is clear you missed something when you created your USB).

@RehabMan,

Thanks for you patience (again)...i finally solved the problem...turns out what i had to do was to run PBI then doing #14 without the external display. After doing that, i have sound and i am able to connect the screen again, while booting with kext-dev-mode=1

@RehabMan,

Thanks for you patience (again)...i finally solved the problem...turns out what i had to do was running PBI then doing #14 without the external display. After doing that, i have sound and i am able to connect the screen again, while booting with kext-dev-mode=1

Generally speaking, all installation tasks should be completed without external devices connected.

another lesson learned :)

Back