Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I asked it because i already did what is recommended in #14 several times

You need to repair permissions first. Make sure you do it in the exact order specified. Do not run PBI-CE again -- it will just create the same problem for you (incorrect permissions on kext).

You did not follow the guide. (SMBIOS is MacBookPro11,1!?)
Make sure you install IOath3kfrmwr.kext for your bluetooth firmware uploader. It is an option in PBI-CE.

for the SMBIOS i have faked it
with Clover Configurator

for this kext there is no anything about him in the guide where i can find it ?

and what you mean "It is an option in PBI-CE" ??

thanks for your Help !!!

for the SMBIOS i have faked it
with Clover Configurator

It is wrong for the hardware you state you have in post #3447.

Follow the guide exactly, especially if you don't know what you're doing (which is clearly evident).

for this kext there is no anything about him in the guide where i can find it ?and what you mean "It is an option in PBI-CE" ??

Step #13.

It is wrong for the hardware you state you have in post #3447.

i have edit it manually as i said before
so i'm gonna return it to default !!

for the kext if you mean by probook installer
i think that i choose the right one for the bluetooth !!

thanks again RehabMan

i have edit it manually as i said before
so i'm gonna return it to default !!

Good idea... because MacBookPro11,x is wrong for the 4530s.

for the kext if you mean by probook installer
i think that i choose the right one for the bluetooth !!

OK.

BTW, please fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

You need to repair permissions first. Make sure you do it in the exact order specified. Do not run PBI-CE again -- it will just create the same problem for you (incorrect permissions on kext).

I did all again, rebooted 3 times after repairing permissions and clearing kexts, and it still does not work? Should i try installing Yosemite again (refresh install)?

I did all again, rebooted 3 times after repairing permissions and clearing kexts, and it still does not work? Should i try installing Yosemite again (refresh install)?

Without troubleshooting files...

Re-download Yosemite from Mac App Store. Do a fresh install.

Just wanted to report a successful update on my 4530s, from Chameleon 10.9.1 to a complete Yosemite Clover reinstall...
Also updated without problem to 10.10.3 natively! That is a big change!
So far so good.
At first when reading the guide it looked daunting, but if you follow the steps carefully there shouldn't be any issues.

My 10.9 used to freeze very often, temporarily or for good. So I'm hoping this new system will work better.

Anyway thanks to the team who made this possible

I've been testing around my black screen post sleep-problem. Just to make sure that my hardware is not defective I installed Windows and tested the sleep on it. Sleep works on Windows.

I'm wondering, if the problem could be HD4600. If the problem was backlight screen should stay totally black, but currently screen wakes for a split second (you can see programs and such on the screen after sleep, and then it goes black) and after that screen "glows black". I mean, like there was fullscreen black image on the screen and backlight seeps through. How I could troubleshoot how graphics driver behaves to track this problem down? Graphics is regocnized as "Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB" - maximum memory you can set in BIOS is 512MB, could this inconsistency have any effect?

Latest ioregs/clover/etc files can be found from my last post.

I've been testing around my black screen post sleep-problem. Just to make sure that my hardware is not defective I installed Windows and tested the sleep on it. Sleep works on Windows.

I'm wondering, if the problem could be HD4600. If the problem was backlight screen should stay totally black, but currently screen wakes for a split second (you can see programs and such on the screen after sleep, and then it goes black) and after that screen "glows black". I mean, like there was fullscreen black image on the screen and backlight seeps through. How I could troubleshoot how graphics driver behaves to track this problem down? Graphics is regocnized as "Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB" - maximum memory you can set in BIOS is 512MB, could this inconsistency have any effect?

Latest ioregs/clover/etc files can be found from my last post.

Did you re-patch DSDT since then?

Do you have the latest BIOS? (if you don't... upgrade... re-patch DSDT).

Back