Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

No WIFI and Sound

Hi Guys!

Sorry I am a noob for Hackintosh community but I am ready to learn.
I bought this HP Probook 4530s from ebay and the guy already had Yosemite installed on it.

The specs of the probook are as follows:

Processor: i3, 2.3GHz
Ram: 2 4GB slots
Chipset: 6 series with 1366X768 resolution HD3000
Wifi Adapter: Atheros AR9285
HDD1: 240 GB solid state Corsair force GT ATA
HDD2: 500GB Toshiba MK5076GSX ATA

I wanted to install windows 7 so that I can dual boot but was unable to do so but in the process I dont know why I decided to reformat the system and start from scratch :(

Well I tried to follow all the steps mentioned in the OP, made 2 partitions (CLOVER and MacUsB)
downloaded yosemite 10.10.3, made OS X Base System (followed step 2b)

Changed bios settings to desired ones,

Installed OS X Yosemite in my SSD, It installed without any errors,
but when I followed step 11 (Clover bootloader screen shows up, press F4, select "Boot OS X from YourPartition"), it booted from my ssd but it could not detect WIFI, SOUND and kept searching for bluetooth keyboard.

I reinstalled several times, changing config.list file from all the possible options but still I couldnt get any wifi or sound.

Finally I gave up and installed Windows 7 on the system. WIFI and sound and everything works perfectly on windows.

Since I consider myself a noob, I know that drivers are not installed properly which means I am messing up some steps where I have to install clover.

I am ready to learn and have been reading around this website, can anyone guide me in right direction?
I installed tools but didnt know how can I configure clover for my laptop.

:(

Help needed

Thanks in Advance

Installed OS X Yosemite in my SSD, It installed without any errors,
but when I followed step 11 (Clover bootloader screen shows up, press F4, select "Boot OS X from YourPartition"), it booted from my ssd but it could not detect WIFI, SOUND and kept searching for bluetooth keyboard.

Follow the guide carefully...

WiFi is enabled with ProBookARPT.kext. It is a kext that is installed by PBI-CE.

Audio is provided by a combination of kexts, Clover hotpatches, and DSDT edits. All of which are provided when you use PBI-CE correctly.

As far as the "searching for bluetooth keyboard", SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced, uncheck the boxes.

PBI CE? I saw this mentioned in troubleshooting but did not know what it meant, I guess Ill have to research on PBI CE and yes this is what I did not do at all as did not find it mentioned in any step :(
or maybe I overlooked.

But thanks a lot for explaining it to me so I can zero it down on where to look for answers.

Lol I figured it out.. abbrevations :)
Ill try installing again tonight.
One last question, can I install Yosemite on HDD2 when I have windows 7 on HDD1?

One last question, can I install Yosemite on HDD2 when I have windows 7 on HDD1?

You can, but you'll need to explicitly select that device when booting. Or install Clover manually to the Windows 7 HDD (assuming Win7 is installed UEFI, which it probably isn't).

It also depends on which drive is installed where and what your BIOS settings are for boot priority.

Just installed successfully using this guide and all downloads from it so thanks to all for this. In case it helps others my Probook 470 G2 has a Radeon card in it and after hours of attempting to install as suggested in the guide with Hybrid graphics enabled in BIOS I realised that I needed to disable Hybrid graphics. PBI CE a great help thanks.

Finally got WIFI working,
had to manually install kext file from backup folder the installer created, dont know why it didnt install by itself, managed to get sound working after using multiboost and installing drivers from there.

I have Card reader left which is not working and I guess couple of more hardware components. Can i check which ones havent installed yet?

also how can I get rid of white bootlog text which comes while shut down, restart, and booting?

Thanks in Advance

EDIT: GOT IT WORKING :):):)

Last edited:
Finally got WIFI working,
had to manually install kext file from backup folder the installer created, dont know why it didnt install by itself, managed to get sound working after using multiboost and installing drivers from there.

I have Card reader left which is not working and I guess couple of more hardware components. Can i check which ones havent installed yet?

also how can I get rid of white bootlog text which comes while shut down, restart, and booting?

Thanks in Advance

EDIT: GOT IT WORKING :):):)

Looks like you've really gone off the rails there. By 'multiboost' I assume you mean 'MultiBeast'. We don't use MultiBeast on the ProBook laptop. There are no appropriate audio solutions in it for the ProBook. The ProBook Installer uses patched AppleHDA instead (via an AppleHDA injector). Read step #14 for the correct way to enable audio after a fresh install.

Assuming you follow the guide in post #1, the card reader works, but only after you insert a compatible card. It is an old driver, no longer being maintained by Jmicron, so it has limited support to older/smaller cards only.

Like most kexts that are provided by PBI-CE, ProBookARPT.kext is placed in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 on the EFI partition where it is injected by Clover. Wouldn't be my choice, but it is what is currently implemented and it works.

I'm on a elitebook 8460p amd and have installed yosemite to my hd. I get a message akin to "os not found" and it tries to boot from lan. I have ran the probook utility 10x and have tried different setups to try to find the right one but to no avail. Could anyone look at my troubleshooting files?View attachment 135234
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9XmiVawRHNFbDBURFpEMUJsS1E/view?usp=sharing

Do you have UEFI enabled in BIOS? Did you install Clover?

Back