Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I screwed my Mackintosh and reinstalled everything (dual boot with Win 7). Everything works great. I have only one issue. Now my screen is like washout. I had way more contrast before. I installed the extra colors. I found the thread about the brightness but I thought it was a resolved issue. Any suggestion or advice?

Install (and select) color profile that matches your screen.

Thanks so much. I found it. I set up my probook so long ago that I did not remember this point. Thank you again

Rehabman. I just reared your answer "Install (and select) color profile that matches your screen" Do you mean going to preferences and then "built-in-display"

Rehabman. I just reared your answer "Install (and select) color profile that matches your screen" Do you mean going to preferences and then "built-in-display"

It is in SysPrefs->Displays->Color. The specific color profile will depend on which one you like the best.

Your 8460p must have DisplayPort. Use it instead of HDMI...

That's right, i have the same model (8460p) and the laptop have display port

I installed Yosemite 10.10.2 today without any problem on my HP 6570b. Thanks for the guide and your efforts for the provided HP laptop support.

I still have the stock WIFI and I was browsing the internet for the BCM 4322 and 43224. Can anybody tell what's the difference/preferred one?

Update

I made inquiries as follows, asking for compatibility with HP 6570b:
1. item listed as "Broadcom 43224 BCM943224HMS 802.11 a/b/g/n WLAN CARD 518434-002 For hp 6550b MINI5102",
the webshop (bin teng, Shenzhen MingZhi Technology Co., Ltd) answered:
hi dear ,
thank you for your inquiry , it is maybe not compatible with your model . but you can use this wifi card , see the following link :
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...pter-669832-001-For-hp/330806_2036397346.html

2. item listed as "for HP Broadcom 4322 AGN PCI-E BCM943224HMS bcm4322 wireless n card 582564-002 (10074)"
the webshop (JINMIN SHI (Shenzhen Fenvi Technology Co., Ltd.) answered "it is not suitable"

Any advice?

Thanks

Back