Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Re-download from the Mac App Store. Re-create USB on actual hardware (not VM).
Will do RM. Is there a way to check if the downloaded installer is corrupted in any way? What should its file-size be? Or is there an MD5 code for it? My guess is that downloading over WiFi is as reliable as wired.

Will do RM. Is there a way to check if the downloaded installer is corrupted in any way? What should its file-size be? Or is there an MD5 code for it? My guess is that downloading over WiFi is as reliable as wired.

It shouldn't matter how you download (wired vs. wifi)...

No way to verify, although (in theory) the OS X installer does some of its own verification.

Thank you for the fast reply

now i wonder if it worth the trouble of upgrading ..10.8 works well....maybe i clone it and try

thank you for pointing me to the right direction

You should find the procedures for getting Yosemite working on your laptop very similar to what you did for Mountain Lion.

I see that first posts says 450 G2 is supported, but what about Broadwell CPU and Full HD display? Specifically asking for this model:

HP ProBook 450 G2 (K3Q15AV), Broadwell Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2/2.7GHz, FULL HD LED Display & AMD Radeon R5 M255 2GB (HDMI), 8GB RAM

I see that first posts says 450 G2 is supported, but what about Broadwell CPU and Full HD display? Specifically asking for this model:

HP ProBook 450 G2 (K3Q15AV), Broadwell Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2/2.7GHz, FULL HD LED Display & AMD Radeon R5 M255 2GB (HDMI), 8GB RAM

No support for now.

It shouldn't matter how you download (wired vs. wifi)...

No way to verify, although (in theory) the OS X installer does some of its own verification.

I re-downloaded the installer and recreated the USB, using another new Sandisk 8 GB stick. Unfortunately with the same result. Not getting closer to a solution.

You'll need to wait (at least) until there is a Yosemite released that supports Broadwell.

I re-downloaded the installer and recreated the USB, using another new Sandisk 8 GB stick. Unfortunately with the same result. Not getting closer to a solution.

I really have no idea why it is not working. You'll have to experiment on your own.

Obviously, there's something you're doing different from others and contrary to the instructions, but I'm unable to further diagnose from here.

If you want any opinion, you should post your files and details on the result. Just saying "not working" does not give enough to go on.

I purchased a used HP ProBook with the following specs:
Probook 6570b, 1600x900, Core I5-3210M 2.5Ghz, 320 GB HDD.

I have 2 questions regarding the list under Compatible WIFI cards:
1. is the category "Other laptop" applicable for the 6570b
2. in the HP documentation for this laptop both Centrino and Broadcom wifi cards (
Broadcom 43228 802.11abgn 2 × 2 Wi-Fi Adapter) are listed. Do I still need to replace this with a Broadcom 43224

Back