Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s-Clover
CPU
i5-2430M
Graphics
HD 3000
Just wanted to report a successful update on my 4530s, from Chameleon 10.9.1 to a complete Yosemite Clover reinstall...
Also updated without problem to 10.10.3 natively! That is a big change!
So far so good.
At first when reading the guide it looked daunting, but if you follow the steps carefully there shouldn't be any issues.

My 10.9 used to freeze very often, temporarily or for good. So I'm hoping this new system will work better.

Anyway thanks to the team who made this possible

Motherboard
HP Probook 650 G1
CPU
Intel i5-4210M HM87
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been testing around my black screen post sleep-problem. Just to make sure that my hardware is not defective I installed Windows and tested the sleep on it. Sleep works on Windows.

I'm wondering, if the problem could be HD4600. If the problem was backlight screen should stay totally black, but currently screen wakes for a split second (you can see programs and such on the screen after sleep, and then it goes black) and after that screen "glows black". I mean, like there was fullscreen black image on the screen and backlight seeps through. How I could troubleshoot how graphics driver behaves to track this problem down? Graphics is regocnized as "Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB" - maximum memory you can set in BIOS is 512MB, could this inconsistency have any effect?

Latest ioregs/clover/etc files can be found from my last post.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been testing around my black screen post sleep-problem. Just to make sure that my hardware is not defective I installed Windows and tested the sleep on it. Sleep works on Windows.

I'm wondering, if the problem could be HD4600. If the problem was backlight screen should stay totally black, but currently screen wakes for a split second (you can see programs and such on the screen after sleep, and then it goes black) and after that screen "glows black". I mean, like there was fullscreen black image on the screen and backlight seeps through. How I could troubleshoot how graphics driver behaves to track this problem down? Graphics is regocnized as "Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB" - maximum memory you can set in BIOS is 512MB, could this inconsistency have any effect?

Latest ioregs/clover/etc files can be found from my last post.

Did you re-patch DSDT since then?

Do you have the latest BIOS? (if you don't... upgrade... re-patch DSDT).

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I have read and followed the post several times....... on my hp probook every think works fine but im also a windows user because all my school work in on windows including all softwares designed by the school....
but after a successful installation of ysesimite anytime i try to install windows 8 ufei mode all i get is..."windows cannot update your computers boot confiuration " i need help......
Disable upgrade bay (caddy) in bios.

Motherboard
HP Probook 4340s
CPU
Interl i5 Ivy Bridge
Graphics
Intel hd4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Without troubleshooting files...

Re-download Yosemite from Mac App Store. Do a fresh install.

I reinstalled Yosemite with the latest file from the Appstore, and still no sound hardware is being detected

However, now i don´t get any errors when running PBI. Please see the attached files.

A question: after instalation, is Clover suposed to boot with kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 or not? Right now, when it boot with those flags i get a kernel panic and it reboots...i only boot properly without those flags.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-05-12 12-23.zip
    8 MB · Views: 33

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I reinstalled Yosemite with the latest file from the Appstore, and still no sound hardware is being detected

However, now i don´t get any errors when running PBI. Please see the attached files.

A question: after instalation, is Clover suposed to boot with kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 or not? Right now, when it boot with those flags i get a kernel panic and it reboots...i only boot properly without those flags.

kext-dev-mode=1 is required. It is shown in your config.plist. Not much will work without kext-dev-mode=1.

Did you rebuild cache as described in step 14?

If you have a panic with kext-dev-mode=1, show photo.

Motherboard
HP Probook 4340s
CPU
Interl i5 Ivy Bridge
Graphics
Intel hd4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
While repairing permissions i figured the problem is the external display (it shows displaypolicyd being fixed)...so, i booted without the external screen (connected with hdmi-vga convertor), and it worked (kext-dev-mode=1)...however, if i try to connect the monitor, it will get a kp and reboot.

So, the only way i can use the external sceen is booting without
kext-dev-mode=1. I have to say though, that while using the probook after booting that way i didn´t notice anything not working besides sound...

Anyway, i´d like to find a way to fix this screen issue...

Motherboard
Hp ProBook 430 G1
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @1.60GHz 2,30 GHz
Graphics
1366x768 HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi i used the Method in #Post1 and getting very close to install yosimite on my Hp Pro Book 430 G1

But when i boot into Installer it is searching for Online Installation Information and says:
"could bot find Installation Information for this machine"

I guess it is a missing or false entry in config.plist from CLOVER folder..
Anyone an idea? means that it is not allowed install Yosemite in Intel notebook?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
While repairing permissions i figured the problem is the external display (it shows displaypolicyd being fixed)...so, i booted without the external screen (connected with hdmi-vga convertor), and it worked (kext-dev-mode=1)...however, if i try to connect the monitor, it will get a kp and reboot.

So, the only way i can use the external sceen is booting without
kext-dev-mode=1. I have to say though, that while using the probook after booting that way i didn´t notice anything not working besides sound...

Anyway, i´d like to find a way to fix this screen issue...

Provide crash report.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi i used the Method in #Post1 and getting very close to install yosimite on my Hp Pro Book 430 G1

But when i boot into Installer it is searching for Online Installation Information and says:
"could bot find Installation Information for this machine"

I guess it is a missing or false entry in config.plist from CLOVER folder..
Anyone an idea? means that it is not allowed install Yosemite in Intel notebook?

Use method "2a". There is less chance for pilot error (as it is clear you missed something when you created your USB).