Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Yep :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 90

Boot verbose for troubleshooting. Make sure you try different USB ports...

If still not working, try removing config.plist/Devices/AddProperties/Item 2
(the item with "hda-gfx"="onboard-1")

Make sure your BIOS settings are correct (VT-d disabled, DEP enabled).

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

You have no patched DSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/patched. You did not select options related to DSDT patching. Follow the instructions for creating a patched DSDT.

Also, there are issues with the kexts as installed... eg..
Code:
Dec 22 14:42:20 MacBook-Pro-van-Frederik.local installd[401]: PackageKit: kextcache -system-caches
Dec 22 14:42:20 MacBook-Pro-van-Frederik.local installd[401]: kextcache: AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext has no Info.plist file.
Dec 22 14:42:21 MacBook-Pro-van-Frederik.local installd[401]: kextcache: IOBluetoothFamily.kext has no Info.plist file.
Dec 22 14:42:21 MacBook-Pro-van-Frederik.local installd[401]: kextcache: IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.

Redownload from the Mac App Store. Rebuild your USB, and do a fresh install.

Thanks will try to create a patched DSDT.

About the kexts: I don't have them installed because IOBluetoothControllerTransport cause a kernel panic

Tikifg

Post your EFI folder on your USB.
Please confirm you replaced the stock screen originally in the laptop with a 1600x900 screen.
And try 2b, or another usb.

Thanks RehabMan and nguyenmac for your reply.

I confirmed, to have replaced original with a FHD display and used therefore the 1600+ .plist from CONFIG.zip. Tried also different USB port but same story.
Attached the EFI Folder like requested.

in the meanwhile I will try it with variant 2b. and post result.

Thanks
Cromatic

EDIT: Now, with method 2b, I am getting the green screen much earlier. Also tried different USB ports, same again.

Thanks will try to create a patched DSDT.

It is easy with the ProBook Installer, following the guide.

About the kexts: I don't have them installed because IOBluetoothControllerTransport cause a kernel panic

It is better to remove/disable the hardware instead of removing the kexts if you get a panic (from BT kexts) while booting the installer.

Thanks RehabMan and nguyenmac for your reply.

I confirmed, to have replaced original with a FHD display and used therefore the 1600+ .plist from CONFIG.zip. Tried also different USB port but same story.
Attached the EFI Folder like requested.

in the meanwhile I will try it with variant 2b. and post result.

Thanks
Cromatic

EDIT: Now, with method 2b, I am getting the green screen much earlier. Also tried different USB ports, same again.

Try removing the "hda-gfx" injection... config.plist/Devices/AddProperties/Item 3.

Try removing the "hda-gfx" injection... config.plist/Devices/AddProperties/Item 3.

You mean this section?
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>hda-gfx</string>
<key>Value</key>
<string>onboard-1</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>For HDMI-audio connection</string>
</dict>

If yes, I did that, but still same green screen

You mean this?
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>hda-gfx</string>
<key>Value</key>
<string>onboard-1</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>For HDMI-audio connection</string>
</dict>

If yes, I did that, but still same green screen

Try injecting EDID.

Compatible Wifi card

If you don't have the following wifi card, you have to replace.
Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- HP Probook 4x30s: HP-branded Atheros AR5B195
- HP Probook 6x60b/5330m, HP Elitebook 8x60p/2x60p: HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-001/582564-002)
- Other laptop:

• WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)
  • WIFI + BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)
Hello. I have hp probook 4530s (LH306EA#ACB) and AR5B195 module inside it. I can't understand is it recommended or not? 1st string of list says that yes, but last says that no. Are anyone know?

Hello. I have hp probook 4530s (LH306EA#ACB) and AR5B195 module inside it. I can't understand is it recommended or not? 1st string of list says that yes, but last says that no. Are anyone know?

Not sure how you missed this... (you quoted it)...

Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- HP Probook 4x30s: HP-branded Atheros AR5B195

The "not recommended" part is under "Other laptop" (you also quoted this).

Seems pretty clear.

Back