Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi Folks,

Just had a super easy install of Yosemite on Probook 450 G1. Almost everything seems to be working well. Thanks to everyone who contributes to the guides and forum generally. Its been a more straight forward process than I could have imagined.

The one thing I have been having trouble with is horizontal scrolling in Finder. Its so bad it almost doesn't work at all. It tries to work but is very unresponsive. It works a lot better in other programs (Chrome & Ableton) but it is still a little clunky. The other odd thing that happens is the 'Scrolling speed' option in >Trackpad >System Preferences goes back to slow every twenty minutes (roughly - it seems to be quite random). I have tried this

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

in the hope that it might help but it made no difference. Does anyone have any suggestion that might help out? It seems very odd that it works reasonably well in programs but not in Finder????

Thanks in advance,
John

EDIT: Scratch that whole thing. Just did another restart and it all seems to be sorted. The Voodoo PS2 thing seems to have worked well.

Thanks again guys

Sorry, was a little too enthousiast it worked after i discovered how to fix the kernel panic. Here are the troubleshoot files

Cheers

Tikifg

View attachment 118864
View attachment 118865
View attachment 118867

You have no patched DSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/patched. You did not select options related to DSDT patching. Follow the instructions for creating a patched DSDT.

Also, there are issues with the kexts as installed... eg..
Code:
Dec 22 14:42:20 MacBook-Pro-van-Frederik.local installd[401]: PackageKit: kextcache -system-caches
Dec 22 14:42:20 MacBook-Pro-van-Frederik.local installd[401]: kextcache: AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext has no Info.plist file.
Dec 22 14:42:21 MacBook-Pro-van-Frederik.local installd[401]: kextcache: IOBluetoothFamily.kext has no Info.plist file.
Dec 22 14:42:21 MacBook-Pro-van-Frederik.local installd[401]: kextcache: IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.

Redownload from the Mac App Store. Rebuild your USB, and do a fresh install.

Hi,

I tried to install Yosemite to my 4530s and followed the steps (incl. 2a - easy way) from the guide. I changed the plist according to my 4530s (6th gen - 1600+ display), but I get a green screen after I started clover and the Apple logo disappears. I can see the mouse cursor, but thats it.

See attached picture. What could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Cromatic

Attachments

• IMG_20141223_010553.jpg
    IMG_20141223_010553.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 92
Hi,

I tried to install Yosemite to my 4530s and followed the steps (incl. 2a - easy way) from the guide. I changed the plist according to my 4530s (6th gen - 1600+ display), but I get a green screen after I started clover and the Apple logo disappears. I can see the mouse cursor, but thats it.

See attached picture. What could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Cromatic

Post your EFI folder on your USB.

Please confirm you replaced the stock screen originally in the laptop with a 1600x900 screen.

And try 2b, or another usb.

5. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" or "Boot OS X Install from OS X Base System".
- I have done this step but after that the white screen showing with loading icon running very long time. After 30 minutes it still loading, can't go to step 6.
HP Probook 4430s.
Solution?, plz.

- I have done this step but after that the white screen showing with loading icon running very long time. After 30 minutes it still loading, can't go to step 6.
HP Probook 4430s.
Solution?, plz.

Post your EFI folder on your USB.

Back