Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I reinstalled the os x again. I think I followed the entire process correctly.

After install, I booted with usb, F4 at clover screen. logged into mac os. ran probook installer.
after restarting, the clover screen now shows optimal 1080p resolution. when I press enter on option to start os x. an apple logo comes with progress bar which is entirely empty.
caps lock on/off light is not working. I think if I hard reboot now, i will go back to same situation that i was earlier on.

When i restarted in verbose mode, it prints the following and stops:
PPGITT is enabled
waiting for DSMOS...
hfs: mounted untitled 2 on device disk0s4
hfs: mounted untitled 3 on device disk0s5
hfs: mounted untitled 4 on device disk0s6
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel rebuild rebuild has expired

What could I be doing wrong.

Attachments

• 20141220_020904.jpg
    20141220_020904.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 62
I reinstalled the os x again. I think I followed the entire process correctly.

After install, I booted with usb, F4 at clover screen. logged into mac os. ran probook installer.
after restarting, the clover screen now shows optimal 1080p resolution. when I press enter on option to start os x. an apple logo comes with progress bar which is entirely empty.
caps lock on/off light is not working. I think if I hard reboot now, i will go back to same situation that i was earlier on.

When i restarted in verbose mode, it prints the following and stops:
PPGITT is enabled
waiting for DSMOS...
hfs: mounted untitled 2 on device disk0s4
hfs: mounted untitled 3 on device disk0s5
hfs: mounted untitled 4 on device disk0s6
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel rebuild rebuild has expired

What could I be doing wrong.

Format completely your hdd then try again.

And don't use a install usb from other laptop to install on your laptop. Some files may be added.

Also, I noticed some files in #1571 from a normal Clover installer on your previous files, so I assume that you didn't follow my guide exactly.

And without troubleshooting files, I can't tell what you did wrong.

Not using GenericUSBXHCI in 4x0 G1 causes other problems (sleep, restart-on-wake,...), that's why I added the kext to this model.

I'm using a Logitech m557 BT mouse for my testing. I've tried sleeping via Apple/Sleep (manually putting the unit to sleep) and by allowing the unit to go to sleep after an inactivity time out of 10 minutes. So far, I have not identified any issues while attempting to sleep or wake. It does take some time to fully wake up. In particular, I notice that it takes maybe 10 seconds for the BT mouse to come back to life (probably reconnecting). After waking, everything seems to work (including sound).

For the time being, I am going with GenericUSBXHCI removed. If I encounter any issues related to sleep/wake, I'll report back.

Format completely your hdd then try again.

And don't use a install usb from other laptop to install on your laptop. Some files may be added.

Also, I noticed some files in #1571 from a normal Clover installer on your previous files, so I assume that you didn't follow my guide exactly.

And without troubleshooting files, I can't tell what you did wrong.

What do you mean by - "And don't use a install usb from other laptop to install on your laptop."

I created the usb on another probook yosemite laptop. should I create the install usb again on the laptop with newly installed mac os.
I am able to boot into new installation after booting with usb. seems like PBE tasks are not getting completed somehow.

I think I followed the process correctly. I will try another installation with exact steps today. I will create the usb installable again.

Edit: I found the mistake I was doing. I selected the "Patch DSDT only" option in the PBE which caused the issue.

sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help RM and NGUY.

I left PBI Clover for Yosemite on USB and restored Mavericks 10.9.5 installer into second USB partition and everything works fine.

I think that some Ivy processors might be incompatible with Yosemite final build, I'll try to restore Yosemite Beta 4 into second USB partition to see if it has the same problem also.

Managed to succesfully install yosemite on my HP elitebook 8570p, thanks to you and this great guide nguyenmac :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

Needed to delete all Bluetooth kexts though otherwise i had a kernel panic, Amble maybe this is the same as your error?

No sound and battery levels at the moment. Any one can help?

cheers

tikifg

Managed to succesfully install yosemite on my HP elitebook 8570p, thanks to you and this great guide nguyenmac :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

Needed to delete all Bluetooth kexts though otherwise i had a kernel panic, Amble maybe this is the same as your error?

No sound and battery levels at the moment. Any one can help?

cheers

tikifg

Read the red lines PLEASE.

Read the red lines PLEASE.

I would have given you 1000 reputation points if the forum supports this feature. The number of times you and Rehabman wrote this, sometimes crack me up! Being a developer, I can relate to it how non techy savy could **** you off easily.

I would have given you 1000 reputation points if the forum supports this feature. The number of times you and Rehabman wrote this, sometimes crack me up! Being a developer, I can relate to it how non techy savy could **** you off easily.

Yes, it is a bit crazy. The lack of reading comprehension around here is appalling.

And I'm constantly reminded of the TV show "Dr. House". When someone writes "I followed the guide to a tee...", I can't help but think of House's saying "Everybody lies."... Fortunately, we have install.log, patchmatic -extract, and ioreg to separate fact from fiction.

Yes, it is a bit crazy. The lack of reading comprehension around here is appalling.

And I'm constantly reminded of the TV show "Dr. House". When someone writes "I followed the guide to a tee...", I can't help but think of House's saying "Everybody lies."... Fortunately, we have install.log, patchmatic -extract, and ioreg to separate fact from fiction.

LMFAO!! Everybody lies haha true that! When I used to manage junior developers and they always used such excuses like "i did that too", "it was working before", "its working on my local machine"....

Back