Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No, I have not fully tested it. I actually don't have a BT device of any kind. However, I can say that with no BT devices paired, the ProBook can sleep and wake up with everything appearing to be in tact (USB mouse worked, WiFi worked).

This afternoon I plan to pick up a BT mouse, so I will test with a real BT device and let you know what I find. If there is something specific you would like tested, let me know and I'll give it a spin.

Not using GenericUSBXHCI in 4x0 G1 causes other problems (sleep, restart-on-wake,...), that's why I added the kext to this model.

Motherboard
Hp Spectre X360 15
CPU
i7 7500U
Graphics
620, 4K
will the installation process work if the screen is not attached to the probook(cable removed) and i am using an external monitor?

if yes, should I use the hdmi or the vga cable to connect to monitor?

Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
Intel i5 3570
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey! Thanks for this guide man! Having done hackintosh on a non-optimal desktop and a non-optimal laptop, this felt like a fresh breeze of air! :)

My laptop it's the same as yours! It's an HP Probook 8470p! My previous laptop broke and I decided to buy the most compatible laptop I could, and I found this one available in my country! :)

Sound didn't work at first, but it was solved by repairing permissions and cleaning cache with the Kext Wizard as you said.

I'm waiting for my USB WiFi dongle to arrive, meanwhile I'm tethering WiFi through Bluetooth with my Android phone. It worked like a charm!

Also, every time I started the computer it welcomed me with a message telling me that I should connect a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. At first I bypassed it by connecting an USB mouse and keyboards. But then I casually found an option on the Bluetooth settings to disable those messages! Yay!

I did the installation on an USB hard drive, to test without wiping the original hard driver, but this weekend I'm going all the way, replacing the DVD drive with a second hard drive and installing it on my main SSD ;)

Everything works! It's amazing! I'm also waiting for the DisplayPort->DVI adapter to arrive so I can connect my second monitor. And then I'm also waiting for an USB->VGA adapter so I can connect my third monitor!

This is nuts! Have you tried using a docking station? I understand it has an additional DVI video output.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
will the installation process work if the screen is not attached to the probook(cable removed) and i am using an external monitor?

if yes, should I use the hdmi or the vga cable to connect to monitor?

OS X does not support VGA.

Motherboard
Hp Spectre X360 15
CPU
i7 7500U
Graphics
620, 4K
i installed yosemite on a probook laptop (4540s) i5 with hd4000 and 1080p screen. With native UEFI.

after installation, i booted with clover usb (pressed f4 while on clover screen). ran probook installer with all good options.

when i restart and boot with hard drive, it shows clover screen with non-optimal resolution. when i select the clover option, it shows the kernel panic:

unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI

error looks something like this (but without the text before kernel panic.):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...-driver-platform-acpi-img_20140110_134927.jpg

I ran probook installer several times after booting with usb.

help is greatly appreciated. i do not want to install again. i have a feeling i will get the same error again.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i installed yosemite on a probook laptop (4540s) i5 with hd4000 and 1080p screen. With native UEFI.

after installation, i booted with clover usb (pressed f4 while on clover screen). ran probook installer with all good options.

when i restart and boot with hard drive, it shows clover screen with non-optimal resolution. when i select the clover option, it shows the kernel panic:

unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI

error looks something like this (but without the text before kernel panic.):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...-driver-platform-acpi-img_20140110_134927.jpg

I ran probook installer several times after booting with usb.

help is greatly appreciated. i do not want to install again. i have a feeling i will get the same error again.

It does not appear you're using Clover. Read post #1 and follow the guide carefully.

Motherboard
Hp Spectre X360 15
CPU
i7 7500U
Graphics
620, 4K
It does not appear you're using Clover. Read post #1 and follow the guide carefully.

I am using clover. I followed the same process to install mac on on my other laptop.

i have attached efi.zip if that is of any help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 57

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using clover. I followed the same process to install mac on on my other laptop.

i have attached efi.zip if that is of any help.

The errors you showed in your linked jpg are typical with Chameleon, not Clover.

Are you certain you're booting with Clover? Show photo of your bootloader.

Also, your config.plist is definitely wrong.

Motherboard
Hp Spectre X360 15
CPU
i7 7500U
Graphics
620, 4K
The errors you showed in your linked jpg are typical with Chameleon, not Clover.

Are you certain you're booting with Clover? Show photo of your bootloader.

Also, your config.plist is definitely wrong.

pictures attached. can i wipe out clover completely and install (clover only) again.

Attachments

• 20141220_001136.jpg
    20141220_001136.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20141220_001158.jpg
    20141220_001158.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 73