Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a hp4530s base. The only thing i changed is the Wifi card. I am currently running Mavericks without any problems. I have followed post #1 directions to the T. Couple of things. In reference to step 3 I could only find wake on Lan and UEFI boot options the rest were not there and i set the setting accordingly. Now when I try to Install it just goes to the apple logo with the progress bar which freezes 1/3rd of the way and then spinning wheel appears without any resolution. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Read the RED text in post #1.

I've been struggling for days.

I've got a 4530s, on which I've upgraded to a 1920x1080 display. I'm trying to do a clean install of Yosemite but whenever I boot from the USB, I get the apple and progress bar for a while, then just a black screen. I admit, I haven't read every post in this or the Mavericks thread but I've tried what I can find. I'm using the HD3000 with 1600x900+ config.plist. I've tried inject Intel graphics on and off. I've added Rehabman's mini-dsdt.aml and dual link to the Clover partition of the USB. I've rebuilt the install partition of the USB multiple times. There's activity on the USB stick (the light is flashing), but no display.

I also tried Mavericks but had the same result (after the grey apple screen, just black).

Any ideas?

Plug in an HDMI monitor.

Your config.plist is completely wrong for a 4530s. Follow the instructions carefully.

Thank you for the prompt reply. The instructions says to select the right plist. which plist from the dropbox files is the correct one for a base 4530s.

Thank you for the prompt reply. The instructions says to select the right plist. which plist from the dropbox files is the correct one for a base 4530s.

HD3000 1366x768.

I am installing Yosemite following the guide with HP Probook 4530s (HD3000 1366x768, BIOS f40). Clover boot is stuck at the white screen with only black cursor.

Is there anyone experienced this issue?

I am installing Yosemite following the guide with HP Probook 4530s (HD3000 1366x768, BIOS f40). Clover boot is stuck at the white screen with only black cursor.

Is there anyone experienced this issue?

Switch 2a and 2b

Back