Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

but whether my hardware been damaged when i install follow the guide in #1?

Installing software will generally not cause hardware damage. But I don't think anyone here will guarantee anything. You install OS X at your own risk.

Hello

I have the chance to buy a HP 8460P, exactly this model: http://notebook.tech-details.com/HP_EliteBook_8460p_(LJ427AV)/. I would to ask if there any problem with this model, I though buy the laptop and follow the guide step by step.

Another question if I can use an external monitor plugged by HDMI (I rode tha VGA is not supported). The point is that in home I want to work with a big screen.

Thank very much.

Hello

I have the chance to buy a HP 8460P, exactly this model: http://notebook.tech-details.com/HP_EliteBook_8460p_(LJ427AV)/. I would to ask if there any problem with this model, I though buy the laptop and follow the guide step by step.

Another question if I can use an external monitor plugged by HDMI (I rode tha VGA is not supported). The point is that in home I want to work with a big screen.

Thank very much.

The 8460p is supported (read post #1). HDMI works.

Hello,
I got a pro book 6460b w/ i3-2310m cpu, firmware f50 with the intention to make a hackintosh.
I created the usb drive following the guide and configured bios settings as in the guide.
I can boot the efi file from the stick (no.5). However, the clover screen shows only four buttons and no boot menu item.
Any help is appreciated.
Frank

Hello,
I got a pro book 6460b w/ i3-2310m cpu, firmware f50 with the intention to make a hackintosh.
I created the usb drive following the guide and configured bios settings as in the guide.
I can boot the efi file from the stick (no.5). However, the clover screen shows only four buttons and no boot menu item.
Any help is appreciated.
Frank

It means you created the USB incorrectly. Follow the guide carefully.

The 8460p is supported (read post #1). HDMI works.

Thank you. But I re-rode the specifications and this modelo hasnt got a hdmi port. Is it posible to use external monitor?

Thx for your reply. Well, I created another USB stick. I mean there is little one can do wrong following the guide. Btw, I updated the macbook of a friend to mavericks in order to be able to use 'createinstallmedia'. I can boot this macbook from both sticks as well. Well, same outcome. No menu item in clover on the Probook. Maybe I am missing s.th. fundamental, I am new to this.
Could you tell me where from clover fetches the information for creating its boot menu items?

Back