Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Having successfully installed OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 on an HP EliteBook 8560p HD3000 Graphics with full functionality using this guide and PBI CE. I though I would try to do the same on an HP ProBook 6570b only with AMD Graphics. All proceeded as expected, however I have a couple of outstanding issues.

Firstly I have no sound, even after cache rebuild using Kext Wizard.
Second the battery does not appear to be supported.
Third occasionally on boot the whole screen is displaced about one inch to the left, however a re-boot seems to resolve this issue.

Thanks for this fantastic guide and the PBI CE. This guide and application has allowed me to run OS X.

Finally I am still keen to get my EliteBook 8560p running OS X with AMD Graphics, any pointers would be gratefully received.

Lack of sound and battery are caused by problems with DSDT patching. Please post your troubleshooting files:
https://bitbucket.org/dhnguyenit/hp-probook-installer-clover-edition

nguyenmac,

Thanks for your response, troubleshooting files attached as requested.

Cheers,
MSoK.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 79
  • AppleHDAIDT.kext.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 72
  • install.log.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 67
nguyenmac,

Thanks for your response, troubleshooting files attached as requested.

Cheers,
MSoK.

You forgot to press F4 when booting from USB at step 11 (although I mark it red...)

Repatch DSDT again.

Sorry, stupid me, should have followed the instructions to the letter. I am pretty sure I did not press F4 on my EliteBook 8560p HD3000 install, but all appears to be working, do I need to DSDT repatch both the 8560p and the 6570b or just the 6570b?

Do I need to boot from USB press F4 and boot from HD OS X has been installed and run a full PBI CE or can I just re-patch using "Patch DSDT only"?

Out of interest what does the F4 do at Clover boot?

Any issues with updating to Clover 2830, I am using the latest CC 4.12.1?

Thanks for the prompt response, and sorry again for wasting your time.

Sorry, stupid me, should have followed the instructions to the letter. I am pretty sure I did not press F4 on my EliteBook 8560p HD3000 install, but all appears to be working, do I need to DSDT repatch both the 8560p and the 6570b or just the 6570b?

Do I need to boot from USB or can I just re-patch using PBI CE?

Out of interest what does the F4 do at Clover boot?

Any issues with updating to Clover 2830, I am using the latest CC 4.12.1?

Thanks for the prompt response, and sorry again for wasting your time.

You can read how to repatch DSDT again in #1.

If your 8560p is working fine, no need to do it again.

F4 dumps your ACPI files from your laptop.

Having successfully installed OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 on an HP EliteBook 8560p HD3000 Graphics with full functionality using this guide and PBI CE. I though I would try to do the same on an HP ProBook 6570b only with AMD Graphics. All proceeded as expected, however I have a couple of outstanding issues.

Firstly I have no sound, even after cache rebuild using Kext Wizard.
Second the battery does not appear to be supported.
Third occasionally on boot the whole screen is displaced about one inch to the left, however a re-boot seems to resolve this issue.

Thanks for this fantastic guide and the PBI CE. This guide and application has allowed me to run OS X.

Finally I am still keen to get my EliteBook 8560p running OS X with AMD Graphics, any pointers would be gratefully received.

Is your 8560p using HD3000 or AMD? I thought Elitebook can only either HD or AMD, not both?

Sorry for the confusion, you are correct the EliteBook can be either HD 3000 or AMD HD 6470M but not both. My EliteBook was originally an AMD Radeon HD 6470M, but as I work for an HP Reseller I was able to source a system board with the HD 3000, and a supported WLAN card to run OS X natively. So my current configuration is an EliteBook 8560p with HD 3000 graphics. Unfortunately the HD 3000 graphics card only supports two external displays in either Windows or OS X compared to the AMD's three using an Advanced Docking Station in Windows.

So ideally I would like to switch back to the AMD HD 6470M giving me three external displays under windows and still working with OS X with at least two external displays, if that is possible. Now I have a second laptop running OS X natively happy to do any experimentation to get AMD graphics working on a 6 series HP laptop.

Cheers,
MSoK.

How long should the script take? For me it's just sitting there on "copying installer files to disk". been waiting for 20 minutes.

nvm, it took about 28 minutes.

nguyenmac,

Quick update repatching the DSDT following the instructions in the original post resolved the battery problem, but needed to use Kext Wizard to rebiuld cache to get sound. All well except occasionally when booting get the screen offset about one inch to the left.

Thanks for the instructions and timely help,
MSoK.

Hi there.

Is there a safe way to convert my ProBook 4530s - OS X / WIN7 dualboot (OS X on /dev/disk0; WIN7 on /dev/disk1, Hybrid MBR, GPT, Chimera Bootloader) to use Clover bootloader to use UEFI and a recovery partition?
Or would you suggest doing a clean install?

Thank you.

Back