Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Use the fixed Italian layout that is installed by the ProBook Installer (see SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources). Or use Ukelele to create your own.

Perfect, thanks a lot :thumbup: :clap:

I found another problem... Bluetooth is unavailable after wake up from sleep.

I have an Atheros AR5B195 with BT AR3011.

Is there a solution for this?

In the meantime, I ordered this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/261556557321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Try removing the patch related to bluetooth from config.plist. I don't use BT any more, but I think that patch is likely to cause problems. Purpose of patch: avoid the ~30 sec delay before BT reconnects after sleep.

Try removing the patch related to bluetooth from config.plist. I don't use BT any more, but I think that patch is likely to cause problems. Purpose of patch: avoid the ~30 sec delay before BT reconnects after sleep.

where is the config.plist file?

I found a copy of this in the folder EFI-Backups but I think is not the correct file :(:oops:

Ok, I found it with Clover Configurator in the EFI partition.

This is the file:

Code:
                AAAAAAAAAAAA
                </data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Enable Trim on SSD</string>
            </dict>
  [COLOR=#ff0000]          <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AAAAD4UHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAD4QHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Fix Bluetooth 30 seconds delay 10.9</string>
            </dict>[/COLOR]
            <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>

I have to delete the lines from <dict> to </dict> and save the file. that's right?

Ok, I found it with Clover Configurator in the EFI partition.

This is the file:

Code:
                AAAAAAAAAAAA
                </data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Enable Trim on SSD</string>
            </dict>
  [COLOR=#ff0000]          <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AAAAD4UHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAD4QHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Fix Bluetooth 30 seconds delay 10.9</string>
            </dict>[/COLOR]
            <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>

I have to delete the lines from <dict> to </dict> and save the file. that's right?

Yes.

First of all - very good, detailed guide. Kudos to the author and all the contributors

I was able to install os x with no issue. But I am facing issues while installing windows.

With mac os installation, I created two 60 GB partitions, both mac os extended journaled. I left the rest as free space. On first I installed Mavericks.
I prepared the USB with 64 bit windows 7. When I boot with windows USB and try to install windows 7 on the second partition, setup complains that Windows can not be installed on this partition as this partition is on unknown type. I try to format the partition as NTFS but the format button is not enabled. I tried with USB drive in USB 3.0 port also but no luck.

Then I deleted that partition, created a new partition from windows setup and installed windows on that.

From Step 4 of install guide

4. Use Windows installer to format the partition you prepared as NTFS. Complete install and now you will boot to Windows by default, Clover disappears.

But after the install clover did not disappear but Clover was still there with an entry for windows. Windows installed fine.

If I have boot settings as UEFI without CSM, windows does not boot. It just show blank screen.
Also the default selection is always Mac os in clover,I thought it would be the last used OS.
I want to enable UEFI without CSM so that I can get that cool high resolution Clover boot image and want to still be able to boot into windows.

Is there something I am missing or not reading steps correctly?

If I have boot settings as UEFI without CSM, windows does not boot. It just show blank screen.
Also the default selection is always Mac os in clover,I thought it would be the last used OS.
I want to enable UEFI without CSM so that I can get that cool high resolution Clover boot image and want to still be able to boot into windows.

Win7 requires CSM. Win8+ can boot without CSM.

Clover will only remember the last OS X booted. It will never remember Windows. It has to do with the way nvram is implemented. It is a Clover bug/limitation.

Hi all, at first thank you for your great work over here.

I am facing problem, i am trying to make a bootable usb maverick installer, but I dont know why, it takes a very long time. With using unibeast it is the same, it takes hours and hours.
Have somebody an idea what i am doing wrong or where can be the problem?

Thank you in advance...

Hi all, at first thank you for your great work over here.

I am facing problem, i am trying to make a bootable usb maverick installer, but I dont know why, it takes a very long time. With using unibeast it is the same, it takes hours and hours.
Have somebody an idea what i am doing wrong or where can be the problem?

Thank you in advance...

On what hardware are you creating your USB installer?

Back