Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

You always have to rebuild cache to make the AppleHDAIDT.kext work correctly, so that part is expected...

Maybe broken headphone is something new with 10.9.4??? Will need more feedback before deciding...

You could also try using the Chameleon guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html and see if there is a difference...

I was using chameleon before and headphones would work but would cut off unexpectedly or give static. I would have to change sound output to fix the issue for a workaround. This is only for 10.9.4 for me so far. Booted into a backup of 10.9.3 and headphones worked fine with out any issue.

I figured to try Clover method to see if it would be better and cuz of the easy update method that clover has.

I was using chameleon before and headphones would work but would cut off unexpectedly or give static. I would have to change sound output to fix the issue for a workaround. This is only for 10.9.4 for me so far. Booted into a backup of 10.9.3 and headphones worked fine with out any issue.

You could try rollback of (the various) 10.9.3 audio kexts or just AppleHDA.kext...

I figured to try Clover method to see if it would be better and cuz of the easy update method that clover has.

That puts a few more variables into the mix as Chameleon-based ProBook Installer has patches for AppleHDA.kext (that haven't changed for a quite a while), where as there seems to be some churn in AppleHDAIDT.kext that is part of a Clover based PBI setup.

You could try rollback of (the various) 10.9.3 audio kexts or just AppleHDA.kext...

That puts a few more variables into the mix as Chameleon-based ProBook Installer has patches for AppleHDA.kext (that haven't changed for a quite a while), where as there seems to be some churn in AppleHDAIDT.kext that is part of a Clover based PBI setup.

I dont know how to rollback kexts and im afraid to try. But for now i guess i can just run on the back up from 10.9.3

and it's weird then that only till now do i have that issue. Few post below mr-andrek is also having the issue i am. Wonder if he fixed his yet.

Try putting system to sleep then wake, it can fix headphone port somehow.

Try putting system to sleep then wake, it can fix headphone port somehow.

Wow man this whole time i was kinda stressing about the headphones issue. But your tip did work. Thanks man. You're da real MVP(with RehabMan too)

Is there another way to fix so that it works when booted and i don't have to put it to sleep?

No, I installed Windows 8.1 by the guide in OP. In parallels desktop, I have a boot camp option and it can boot just fine. Maybe you're using Legacy windows or windows 7 is not supported?

Hi nguyenmac,

I am really interested in how you managed to get Windows 8.1 working in Parallels. I use Clover and I have two SSD's. One for Mavericks and one for Windows. How can I load my already installed Windows into Parallels like you did?

Thanks a bunch and have a great day!

Hi nguyenmac,

I am really interested in how you managed to get Windows 8.1 working in Parallels. I use Clover and I have two SSD's. One for Mavericks and one for Windows. How can I load my already installed Windows into Parallels like you did?

Thanks a bunch and have a great day!

I install Windows UEFI like in my guide, open Parallels Desktop, then select Bootcamp like this:
parallels_wizard_620px.png

I install Windows UEFI like in my guide, open Parallels Desktop, then select Bootcamp like this:

I did that, but it hangs at a bios screen with VGA resolutions. I also tried booting it in EFI settings but no luck. You did install Windows normally right? Not from within Parallels?

Back