Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

It's already turned on in the bios. Should i try to update the bios?

What BIOS version do you have? After updating BIOS you will need to repatch DSDT.

I also tried to use kext wizard to rebuild cache but it didnt work :/

What do you mean that the cache rebuild didn't work? Were there errors in system.log?

What BIOS version do you have? After updating BIOS you will need to repatch DSDT.

What do you mean that the cache rebuild didn't work? Were there errors in system.log?

bios says 68SRR Ver.F.0A
Bios date 7/18/11

And the cache rebuild "worked" but it didnt fix my heaphones sound issue. No system erros, sorry for the confusion.

What a funny coincidence, my headphone port stopped working today as well :D Plugging in any pair of headphones or even external speakers doesn't affect the system at all, sound is being output to internal (laptop) speakers no matter what. I already tried fixing permissions, rebuilding cache and doing an EC reset to no avail. I'll do further investigations tomorrow. (first check whether it's the same on any other OS)

Updated bios and wiped HD to start fresh install and still the headphone jack isnt working. Had to rebuild cache to get sound to work and thought to do it again to see if headphones might work after but it didn't fix the issue.

Updated bios and wiped HD to start fresh install and still the headphone jack isnt working. Had to rebuild cache to get sound to work and thought to do it again to see if headphones might work after but it didn't fix the issue.

You always have to rebuild cache to make the AppleHDAIDT.kext work correctly, so that part is expected...

Maybe broken headphone is something new with 10.9.4??? Will need more feedback before deciding...

You could also try using the Chameleon guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html and see if there is a difference...

Back