Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Thanks for the reply.

I know for a fact that my drive is a GPT partitioned drive. The partition I'm trying to partition to HFS+J is unformated. I have a ESP/EFI partition, an unformated partition, a MSR, and then the Windows partition.

Maybe the image didn't restore correctly, so I'll try again.

Thanks for the reply.

I know for a fact that my drive is a GPT partitioned drive. The partition I'm trying to partition to HFS+J is unformated. I have a ESP/EFI partition, an unformated partition, a MSR, and then the Windows partition.

If that fails, try formatting it to HFS in linux, then enable journalling in OSX after, I recall having to do that once, but can't remember why, worth a shot once your sure everything else is in order :)

Thanks for the reply.

OS X does not deal with disks partitioned outside of OS X. It is best to do all partitioning with OS X Disk Utility instead.

Sometimes you can work around by creating a "place holder" partition (eg. in Windows diskmgmt.msc) as FAT32, then re-format (instead of deleting/creating a partition) inside Disk Utility as HFS+J. I did this with my Lenovo u430 to add OS X to an already OEM installed Windows8. I still can't do any partitioning tasks within OS X, but I was able to format the target partition and install. Eventually, I will re-partition w/in OS X and re-install/re-image Windows such that OS X Disk Utility can properly manipulate the partitioning.

I think I know what the problem is... I didn't extract the BaseSystem.dmg correctly. I can't use the Terminal command right now because all I have running are my PPC Macs. So I'm doing it the manual way. I'll let you know how it goes but I might have to wait till after Midnight my time, I have to go to work soon lol. :banghead:

EDIT: Installed now... I decided to just use another SATA drive I had laying around. The only thing that doesn't work is logging into the App Store to download stuff... I've looked at a bunch of guides to no avail. Any help with that? Thanks.

Did you do step 15?

Sigh... I did. Just did it again and it worked? So yeah, every things a go on here now. Thanks. I'm thinking about getting a Multiport HDD adapter to replace the CD drive in here so I can have two drives.

Thanks for helping guys. Great tutorial!

Hi, I just did clean reinstall using Clover and everything works great.
I have only problem with touchpad 3 fingers gestures. I know that I have to set shortcuts in settings, but I don't remember what keystrokes these gestures emulate. Could anyone tell me or where I can find it?

Thanks.

Hi, I just did clean reinstall using Clover and everything works great.
I have only problem with touchpad 3 fingers gestures. I know that I have to set shortcuts in settings, but I don't remember what keystrokes these gestures emulate. Could anyone tell me or where I can find it?

Thanks.

Just use the gesture when assigning shortcut.

Oh, Thanks. So simple :).

will hdmi works in future?

Back