Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Is there something wrong with the config.zip link in the first post?

All I get when I click the link is Config folder for 4400/4600?

I swapped my SSD from 4330s to 450 G0 and it just booted straight to desktop. What are the steps to perform to make sure I'm running properly my new setup? I tried running the Probook installer to make new DSDT, but it failed. I tried to remove my current DSDT, but I cannot boot. Verbose mode looks all fine and when it needs to bring me the desktop I just get a blank/black screen. My G0 has ATI graphics also, which I want to disable in DSDT.

At first I tried a fresh install, but I didn't manage to get into the installer. Same black screen as I'm getting without DSDT.

I also pressed F4 at Clover boot to get the original tables, but I haven't patched them yet.

Guide for having a maintenance-free OSX installation on your ProBook 4530s, that will not break after system updates!

STEP 1. INSTALL OSX & CLOVER BOOTLOADER

Use Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader from point 1 up to 19 (including 14th)

STEP 2. PATCH APPLEINTELSNBGRAPHICSFB & APPLEHDA

1. Open up Clover Configurator and let it mount the EFI partition
  2. Go to "Kernel and Kext Patches" tab
  3. Click on a "+" button and in the "name" field add:
    AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB
    and press ENTER
  4. In the "Find * [HEX]" field add:
    010204001007000010070000050300000200000030000000020500000004000007000000030400000004000009000000040600000004000009000000
    (in one line) and press ENTER
  5. In the "Replace * [HEX]" field add:
    010203001007000010070000060200000001000009000000050300000200000030000000040600000008000009000000000000000000000000000000
  6. Once again click on a "+" button and in the "name" fied add:
    AppleHDA
    and press ENTER
  7. In the "Find * [HEX]" field add:
    8419D411
    and press ENTER
  8. In the "Replace * [HEX]" field add:
    D1761D11
    and press ENTER
  9. Save your changes to the config.plist by File -> Save and then Quit Clover Configurator
  10. Download and install via Kext Wizard this kext: AppleHDAIDT
    NOTE: this one includes layout12.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib for ProBook 4530s. If you have a different model, check out nguyenmac's guide !

STEP 3. REPLACE KEXTS PATCHED WITH PBI WITH VANILLA ONES

ProBook Installer, after you used it to install OS X Support Kexts @ Step 1, created a folder caled "Installer Backups". You can use it for recovering vanilla kexts back into /System/Library/Extensions using Kext Wizard. You should reinstall:
Code:
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
The first one should be already replaced as per 14th step in Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader, but if you didn't - well, now it's time.
However, if you don't have this folder, you can use your USB Installation stick which you have used to install OSX and get the vanilla kexts from there.

STEP 4. MOVE PROBOOK-SPECIFIC KEXTS FROM /S/L/E/ to CLOVER KEXTS FOLDER

1. To have Clover inject hackintosh(probook)-specific kexts, you need to move them from /System/Library/Extensions/ into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/. To do so, go to /System/Library/Extensions/ in Finder and copy these kexts:
    Code:
    ACPIBacklight.kext
    ACPIBatteryManager.kext
    ACPIPoller.kext
    AppleIntelE1000e.kext
    FakeSMC.kext
    GenericUSBXHCI.kext
    HSSDBlockStorage.kext
    IOath3kfrmwr.kext
    JMB38X.kext
    ProBookARPT.kext
    RealtekRTL8111.kext
    VoodooPS2Controller.kext
    to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/
  2. After those are successfully copied into their destination folder, head back to /System/Library/Extensions/ and remove them (i.e. these which were just copied to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/. BE CAREFUL WHEN DELETING KEXTS. MAKE SURE NOT TO DELETE ANY OTHER THAN THESE SPECIFIED ONES.)
  3. Open up Clover Configurator and in the System Parameters tab make sure you have Detect selected in the Inject Kexts section. If so, quit Clover Configurator.
  4. Open up Kext Wizard and in the Maintenance tab select System/Library/Extensions. It will automatically select Repair permissions and Rebuild cache for you. Press the Execute button.
  5. Wait until it finishes. If it's done - restart your laptop and hope for the best! :)

Now. I posted this as a reply to this thread for someone to check for any errors/rewrite it if needed and then post it as a separate thread. I wrote it originally in markdown and I hope there won't be any major syntax errors here.
Also, I'm pretty sure this will all be done automatically in the future by PBI, so treat this guide as a temporary (and pretty ugly) solution.

Obviously, thanks for everyone in the community, especially nguyenmac, RehabMan and PhilipPetev.

PhilipPetev is philip_petev ;)
btw u can add that kext installed by pbi has color label...
red is system changed
grey is thirdparty added

cybersimo

ok, looked it. use:
Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!oQh0nDbK!zekhW1aAT7Mq1SledobxkAcSgUVQ_ys8uvD11T98HW0
https://mega.co.nz/#!tJw0nTIa!LPyx-DTog2u3mp7Lz5VGQzm_F15eF6aTgULWI47Ygds

Well that was my old USB from the 4330s, that's why I asked if there is something wrong with the config files linked in Dropbox in post 1.

Thanks, will give it a try now.

Whats the difference of the HD4000 config and the HD4000 (P-Sepper error)? Which one should I use?

i suppose for installation it dosn't matter. use simple without p-sepper.

Thanks nguyenmac and philip_petev. I've got it working.:headbang:

Guide for having a maintenance-free OSX installation on your ProBook 4530s, that will not break after system updates!

STEP 1. INSTALL OSX & CLOVER BOOTLOADER

Use Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader from point 1 up to 19 (including 14th)

STEP 2. PATCH APPLEINTELSNBGRAPHICSFB & APPLEHDA

1. Open up Clover Configurator and let it mount the EFI partition
  2. Go to "Kernel and Kext Patches" tab
  3. Click on a "+" button and in the "name" field add:
    AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB
    and press ENTER
  4. In the "Find * [HEX]" field add:
    010204001007000010070000050300000200000030000000020500000004000007000000030400000004000009000000040600000004000009000000
  5. In the "Replace * [HEX]" field add:
    010203001007000010070000060200000001000009000000050300000200000030000000040600000008000009000000000000000000000000000000
  6. Once again click on a "+" button and in the "name" fied add:
    AppleHDA
    and press ENTER
  7. In the "Find * [HEX]" field add:
    8419D411
    and press ENTER
  8. In the "Replace * [HEX]" field add:
    D1761D11
    and press ENTER
  9. Save your changes to the config.plist by File -> Save and then Quit Clover Configurator
  10. Download and install via Kext Wizard this kext: AppleHDAIDT
    NOTE: this one includes layout12.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib for ProBook 4530s. If you have a different model, check out nguyenmac's guide !

STEP 3. REPLACE KEXTS PATCHED WITH PBI WITH VANILLA ONES

ProBook Installer, after you used it to install OS X Support Kexts @ Step 1, created a folder caled "Installer Backups". You can use it for recovering vanilla kexts back into /System/Library/Extensions using Kext Wizard. You should reinstall:
Code:
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
The first one should be already replaced as per 14th step in Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader, but if you didn't - well, now it's time.
However, if you don't have this folder, you can use your USB Installation stick which you have used to install OSX and get the vanilla kexts from there.

STEP 4. MOVE PROBOOK-SPECIFIC KEXTS FROM /S/L/E/ to CLOVER KEXTS FOLDER

1. To have Clover inject hackintosh(probook)-specific kexts, you need to move them from /System/Library/Extensions/ into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/. To do so, go to /System/Library/Extensions/ in Finder and copy these kexts:
    Code:
    ACPIBacklight.kext
    ACPIBatteryManager.kext
    ACPIPoller.kext
    AppleIntelE1000e.kext
    FakeSMC.kext
    GenericUSBXHCI.kext
    HSSDBlockStorage.kext
    IOath3kfrmwr.kext
    JMB38X.kext
    ProBookARPT.kext
    RealtekRTL8111.kext
    VoodooPS2Controller.kext
    to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/
    (these are tagged in Finder with gray dot (except for FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller, if I remember correctly))
  2. After those are successfully copied into their destination folder, head back to /System/Library/Extensions/ and remove them (i.e. these which were just copied to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/. BE CAREFUL WHEN DELETING KEXTS. MAKE SURE NOT TO DELETE ANY OTHER THAN THESE SPECIFIED ONES.)
  3. Open up Clover Configurator and in the System Parameters tab make sure you have Detect selected in the Inject Kexts section. If so, quit Clover Configurator.
  4. Open up Kext Wizard and in the Maintenance tab select System/Library/Extensions. It will automatically select Repair permissions and Rebuild cache for you. Press the Execute button.
  5. Wait until it finishes. If it's done - restart your laptop and hope for the best! :)

Now. I posted this as a reply to this thread for someone to check for any errors/rewrite it if needed and then post it as a separate thread. I wrote it originally in markdown and I hope there won't be any major syntax errors here.
Also, it would be better to have this sort of guide for all the compatible ProBook models, not just 4530s.

I'm pretty sure this will all be done automatically in the future by PBI, so treat this guide as a temporary (and pretty ugly) solution.

Obviously, thanks for everyone in the community, especially nguyenmac, RehabMan and philip_petev.

I haven't followed the 14th step of the nguyenmac installation guide, because he said to me that it makes no difference.
I don't have anymore the backup folder on my descktop (I deleted it). If I really need those 2 vanilla kexts, where I can find them now?

Thanks mate. I really appreciate your effort for this new guide.. and Break a leg for your law degree!

I haven't followed the 14th step of the nguyenmac installation guide, because he said to me that it makes no difference.
I don't have anymore the backup folder on my descktop (I deleted it). If I really need those 2 vanilla kexts, where I can find them now?

Thanks mate. I really appreciate your effort for this new guide.. and Break a leg for your law degree!

if u will need it ask here, someone will upload it for u

I don't have an usb stick with the osx installer on it with me right now but, may somebody correct me if i'm wrong, there's a hidden System (with Library/Extensions) folder on it. You can access it via terminal (if you're familiar with UNIX commands) or by enabling Finder to show hidden files (you can revert it back later):
- open up terminal
- enter:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
- holding option key right-click the finder icon on the dock and click Relaunch
Now you should be able to see hidden files.

and thanks! :)

Back