Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Hi there! I need some help please :s .
So, I have re-instaled probook installer on a 4530s but I realised that the brightness was not working (it wouldn't change...). So, i took the kext files of Installer backup and moved to the Extension folder...
After that, my Hackintosh got stuck on Apple logo for ever :( .
Is there any way to revert this? Because i will have a bunch of work to put it back as it was if I format the HDD again...
Thank you! :(:(

Hi there! I need some help please :s .
So, I have re-instaled probook installer on a 4530s but I realised that the brightness was not working (it wouldn't change...). So, i took the kext files of Installer backup and moved to the Extension folder...
After that, my Hackintosh got stuck on Apple logo for ever :( .
Is there any way to revert this? Because i will have a bunch of work to put it back as it was if I format the HDD again...
Thank you! :(:(

See if you can boot using your Unibeast USB. Brightness not working is not because of kexts, but because your DSDT isn't patched correctly. Remove your DSDT from /Extra/dsdt.aml and run the ProBook Installer to both patch your DSDT and install "OS X support kexts."

See if you can boot using your Unibeast USB. Brightness not working is not because of kexts, but because your DSDT isn't patched correctly. Remove your DSDT from /Extra/dsdt.aml and run the ProBook Installer to both patch your DSDT and install "OS X support kexts."
Thank you for your reply! I followed this tutorial, so I didn't use any Unibeast USB. Do you mean EFI USB?
I can boot using clover but the circle stays spinning at Apple Logo. Is there any code to force the boot?

Thank you for your reply! I followed this tutorial, so I didn't use any Unibeast USB. Do you mean EFI USB?
I can boot using clover but the circle stays spinning at Apple Logo. Is there any code to force the boot?

Sorry. Same thing though. Remove your DSDT and repatch it.

You may need to boot verbose to troubleshoot your install and see where it is hanging up. I'm not sure of exactly what you did when you say "Installer backup and moved to the Extension folder"

You may need to boot verbose to troubleshoot your install and see where it is hanging up. I'm not sure of exactly what you did when you say "Installer backup and moved to the Extension folder"

Ok, i will try ;)
I just copy-pasted the kext files of the Installer backup at the Extension folder of the System and rewrote the files that already existed there.

Ok, i will try ;)
I just copy-pasted the kext files of the Installer backup at the Extension folder of the System and rewrote the files that already existed there.

Thats not the correct way to install a kext.

use something like kext wizard to install the kexts, then repair permissions / rebuild cache.

Thats not the correct way to install a kext.

use something like kext wizard to install the kexts, then repair permissions / rebuild cache.

Damn it... So, no solution now? Will I need to reformat the HDD? Pff... :crazy::crazy:

I booted in verbose, got stuck here: "arpt cannot assert wake from D3cold fix"...

I got my SD card reader working on my 8460p. I first tried installing only this driver set. It did not work. Then I went into bios and disabled firewire, and then my sd card reader worked perfectly.

Yes, this driver is included in the ProBook Installer.

Back