Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Nguyen, Thanks for the guide and it is really nice.. I completed initial install successfully and I do have suggestion. I did try to install couple of times (because of they way I understood was not correct) to install by selecting the target as USB "Install OS X Mavericks".

Could you pleas add below text marked in Red to make it more clearer for a novice like me coming from Unibeast?
6. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and Install Mavericks by selecting <your Partition>. The installer will extract necessary files to "Install OS X Mavericks" (not your target partition). This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE 1.

Got it, thank you for your correction.

Well I determined that I couldn't get my usb3.0 working because the host controller is dead. Installed win7 and installed the correct drivers but still nothing. Installed the newest bios (which it already had). I couldn't flush the usb3.0 hardware since it was never seen. No yellow exclamation marks in device manager either.

Anyways now I am attempting an install on another 8460p i7 quad. I used the same thumb drive with two partitions, fat32 with clover and the osx one with mavericks.(except I used your newer clover.zip and possibly new config.plist(thou its the same hd3000 and 786 resolution)

The weird thing is that when I boot osx, it starts to load but then stops at a screen that seems to want me connect a keyboard or something.

These are the two screens it flips between. Not sure what it wants me to do. WIN_20140224_003139.JPGWIN_20140224_003136.JPG

Update 1:
I dug out s USB keyboard and was able to hit command-q I guess I will try to continue with the install, and see why happens.

Update 2:
It installed fine. It froze once on the second round of booting from my usb maverick partition, I had to unplug the usb keyboard and reboot. I then had to plug it in when it got the above screen. I booted up fine from my hard disk mavericks install, though a bluetooth window popped up wanting a bluetooth keyboard.

Perhaps you changed something in the new clover.zip?

Press spacebar will help you pass the screen.

Before I found the usb keyboard I mashed the keyboard, I thought i hit all the buttons, but nothing worked. Anyways, is there a way to turn off the bluetooth window that pops up every reboot?

If under bluetooth, I turn off the "open bluetooth assistant if no keyboard detected" the window still pops up. If I also turn off "open bluetooth assistant if no mouse or trackpad detected" then the trackpad doesn't work.

If under bluetooth, I turn off the "open bluetooth assistant if no keyboard detected" the window still pops up. If I also turn off "open bluetooth assistant if no mouse or trackpad detected" then the trackpad doesn't work.

I turned off all options and trackpad still works. Try restart and rebuild cache.

Those options are off on mine as I always do.

Try an EC reset after turning them off also..

Yup I turned both off and then rebooted and trackpad worked this time. Weird.

I received the notice: This disk cannot be used to start up ....

I tried to resize the MACOSX partition as some people suggest but no luck...

Please help !

THanks

I'm still testing it (putting the laptop to sleep and waking it up like a maniac) but it looks like the sleep related problems on 4x30s are finally gone with the 10.9.2 update. No more freezing/restarting. Can anyone else confirm this?

Back