Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Yes, It shows 90% on status bar after on hour of video playback, as soon as I sign out and login it shows 40%. Searching the internet, I found that it sometimes happens in real macs too and needs the SMC to be reset but we don't have it on Hackintosh. I tried clearing nvram using "nvram -c" command but didn't work. Then I removed "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" from EFI/ClOVER/driver64UEFI and guess what? Now it's working in the right way!! :)

Yes, because 7-series laptops do not remember NVRAM with Secure Boot disabled, remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is the same as EC Reset on real Mac. The downside without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is that it does not remember brightness and findmymac after restart.

You can also try remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, restart, delete nvram.plist (hidden) in Mac drive, then recopy EmuVariableUefi-64.efi again.

Yes, because 7-series laptops do not remember NVRAM with Secure Boot disabled, remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is the same as EC Reset on real Mac. The downside without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is that it does not remember brightness and findmymac after restart.

You can also try remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, restart, delete nvram.plist (hidden) in Mac drive, then recopy EmuVariableUefi-64.efi again.

I noticed that apianti added secure-boot capability, but I do not know the details of how to use it.

I noticed that apianti added secure-boot capability, but I do not know the details of how to use it.

Only work with advanced UEFI motherboard/laptop. I saw on Dell Latitude E5430 UEFI, it has custom secure boot and other options for custom keys.

In HP Laptop, only two options: on/off. So we can forget it.

It doesn't work in this way (for me), Having the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI results the battery percentage error... :(

It doesn't work in this way (for me), Having the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI results the battery percentage error... :(

What BIOS do you use?

/Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log can be helpful too.

What BIOS do you use?

/Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log can be helpful too.

I'm using BIOS F.43. (UEFI without CSM) I did a clean installation without using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. every thing was working good (I don't use Find My Mac) but Installing it through Clover Configurator causes the problem. Here is my boot.log file:

Attachments

• boot.log
    18 KB · Views: 104
I'm using BIOS F.43. (UEFI without CSM) I did a clean installation without using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. every thing was working good (I don't use Find My Mac) but Installing it through Clover Configurator causes the problem. Here is my boot.log file:

It looks normal, except that you included too many kexts in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\. Be caution that some kexts only work without cache/with kexts:

-HSSDBlockStorage.kext
-JMB38X.kext
-AppleHDA.kext
-AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
-AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
-AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext (don't need this, patched by Clover)
-AppleRTC.kext (patched by Clover)

I need some confirmation from other 4540s users about battery problem with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

At boot screen, why does circle boot icon (under apple logo) distortion?

And REPORT: HPFanReset.efi make HWMonitor can not show fan speed (I use reading only fan patch in DSDT)

And REPORT: HPFanReset.efi make HWMonitor can not show fan speed (I use reading only fan patch in DSDT)

Having the same problem here. Actually the fan is working as it should but there is problem in reporting. I put the laptop in a cold place. after a while starting the laptop the CPU was about 37' and the fan was off(showing "-" in HWMonitor). I used Geekbench to test the fan. soon the fan started to work but there was no change in HWMonitor,...

Back