Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I see, so you're using multiboot OS X right? So it will work because Emu will save the "efi-boot-device" at shutdown for all OS X, but in other OSes like Windows or Linux, Emu can't save nvram to disk at shutdown.

It leads to problem that OS X will always be selected at Clover screen, Windows and Linux can't be selected. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't installed Windows yet. Still working through all the OS X issues. Currently just Mavericks and ML.

I would imagine it is difficult to save the selection in that scenario because they probably don't have write access to the file system. Therefore no way to save it anywhere...

I see, so you're using multiboot OS X right? So it will work because Emu will save the "efi-boot-device" at shutdown for all OS X, but in other OSes like Windows or Linux, Emu can't save nvram to disk at shutdown.

It leads to problem that OS X will always be selected at Clover screen, Windows and Linux can't be selected. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct, it always defaults to OSX!

I've just applied a fix for find my mac (compatible with clover only with recovery hdd obviously)

I had no errors previously, and Find my mac appeared to work once, but even though it was checked in iCloud settings, it could never be found.

I simply ran the script, and my mac appeared again on iCloud.

Now, this only seemed to work once, or at least in my little time playing, after refreshing iCloud, it doesn't seem to find my mac again, perhaps after a reboot, it will, or after running again?

Anyway, there might be somebody here who can see what the script is doing, and find a fix, or perhaps create a way of the script running at start up should it work each time, if its not the solution, nothing lost i guess?

http://bit.ly/1cF1Wmz

This is a script that "save nvram value to nvram.plist. if Clover not save fmm-mobileme-token-FMM to nvram.plist"

After reboot, iCloud found my mac straight away.

I want to disable HD7650M in DSDT, please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your laptop? Can you disable it in BIOS?

What's your laptop? Can you disable it in BIOS?

HP Probook 4540s with core i5-3210M and AMD HD 7650M
I can disable AMD graphics in BIOS but i don't want to do that, because sometime i play DOTA 2 in windows
In Mac, if I don't disable AMD 7650M, my laptop will warm up so fast!

HP Probook 4540s with core i5-3210M and AMD HD 7650M
I can disable AMD graphics in BIOS but i don't want to do that, because sometime i play DOTA 2 in windows
In Mac, if I don't disable AMD 7650M, my laptop will warm up so fast!

Press F4 at startup at Clover screen, then zip all files in Clover/ACPI/origin/ and upload here.

@nguyenmac: trying to install windows 8.1 on my 4540s following your guide. Created a partition with 250Gb with NTFS format but in windows installer menu cannot install windows on that partition. I didn't use FAT partitions only EFI partition is FAT32 as I see but I don't think that is my problem.

Can you help with some hints?

@nguyenmac: trying to install windows 8.1 on my 4540s following your guide. Created a partition with 250Gb with NTFS format but in windows installer menu cannot install windows on that partition. I didn't use FAT partitions only EFI partition is FAT32 as I see but I don't think that is my problem.

Can you help with some hints?

What is the error? You should reformat the partition with Mac OS X Extended, then use Windows Installer to reformat it as NTFS.

Back