Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

My hack works okay after updating to Mavericks, except sleep.
Hack sleeps well, but on wake - hard restart.
It wakes for 1-2 seconds shows screen and resets "hard".

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.3, AMI EFI U1L) | ALC889 (DSDT patch + AppleHDA patch) | i5-2500K | HD 3000 | OSX 10.9 | Clover EFI r2242

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.3, AMI EFI U1L) | ALC889 (DSDT patch + AppleHDA patch) | i5-2500K | HD 3000 | OSX 10.9 | Clover EFI r2242

That does not look like the specs of an HP ProBook laptop... Are you certain you're posting your question in the right forum?

I experienced it once. Found some posts suggesting to use EFI Video BIOS for video adapter when available. I had one for my GTX285. But you are not alone. I would switch to Chimera and wait it out in your case, until solution is found for HD3000. In any case, post in appropriate forum, if you want to solicit further help. Let's not pollute this thread

Most sandybridge systems have issues with UEFI boot because their BIOS does not support UEFI completely. One of popular fix for sleep is removing EmuVariable drivers, then deal with shutdown/restart problems.
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3061

my app store prompts me to update my EFI, but when i install and restart it still asks for an update. how do i work around this problem?

my app store prompts me to update my EFI, but when i install and restart it still asks for an update. how do i work around this problem?
Right click and choose Hide update.

I have a little question about USB section:
Code:
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<true/>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
I am not sure we need any tweaking in USB at all on ProBooks, I also had to disable it on my Z68X based UEFI Desktop to allow wake up from USB peripherals. Besides, we are disabling "USB wake" in BIOS anyway:
Code:
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<false/>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>

I simply, looked at PBI generated org.chameleon.Boot.plist and there is not a single USB related override in it.

I have a little question about USB section:
Code:
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>AddClockID</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
I am not sure we need any tweaking in USB at all on ProBooks, I also had to disable it on my Z68X based UEFI Desktop to allow wake up from USB peripherals. Besides, we are disabling "USB wake" in BIOS anyway:
Code:
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <false/>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

I simply, looked at PBI generated org.chameleon.Boot.plist and there is not a single USB related override in it.

There is a bug in Clover Configurator that always turn on these USB fixes regardless of check/uncheck option. It's fixed on CC 3.6, I will update config.plist for the new changes.

am i able to replace the stretched apple logo like i can with chameleon? that's my only issue. that, and i'd prefer a quiet boot, if that's at all possible as well.

thanks for the directions. i was able to boot on my first attempt. i updated iWork and ilife, as well as aperture.

Back