Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I do not have any issue with sleep/wake at all. Even my stubborn "sleep-walker" 4440s is behaving nicely on 10.9 + Clover. I do not know how it works with 10.9+Chameleon, as I never pursue this route.

USB Injection is enabled by default in config.zip, you will be fine. I didn't know what it is for, so I tried disabling it lol.

Just for fun, I have upgraded GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 to UEFI BIOS and installed/configured Clover on it. After few adjustments in config.plist - it is working fine including native sleep/wake.

Following this guide, Clover only boots on my 4530s LJ532UT if I put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in the 10.9 kexts directory on the installer USB. Otherwise I get a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I followed all the other instructions (copied origin DSDT from hitting F4, patched DSDT from RehabMan's patches with MaciASL, etc) but the same thing happens when I try to boot Mavericks after installing. I even tried copying the kexts that the Probook Installer 6.1.9 beta puts in S/L/E to the 10.9 kexts dir (including the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext) on the installed EFI partition.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something I missed? I've searched the thread and looked through it but I didn't see anyone even mention this...

Following this guide, Clover only boots on my 4530s LJ532UT if I put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in the 10.9 kexts directory on the installer USB. Otherwise I get a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I followed all the other instructions (copied origin DSDT from hitting F4, patched DSDT from RehabMan's patches with MaciASL, etc) but the same thing happens when I try to boot Mavericks after installing. I even tried copying the kexts that the Probook Installer 6.1.9 beta puts in S/L/E to the 10.9 kexts dir (including the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext) on the installed EFI partition.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something I missed? I've searched the thread and looked through it but I didn't see anyone even mention this...

You are not alone. I have the same issue.

I have a working Mavericks install, everything boots fine with Chameleon. Booting with Clover will cause a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed.

I am running on a case-sensitive file system, I mention this only because it caused so much trouble with Unibeast.

I do not have this laptop, but did you updated config.plist with correct one from config.zip:HD3000 1366x768/config.plist?

I am running on a case-sensitive file system, I mention this only because it caused so much trouble with Unibeast.

Wow. A masochist. There has to be a ton of bugs that show up when you enable a case sensitive file system.

You are not alone. I have the same issue.

I have a working Mavericks install, everything boots fine with Chameleon. Booting with Clover will cause a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed.

There is a problem with Drop OEM SSDT mechanism in Clover Sandybridge.

I just updated new config.plist, which affects only Sandybridge laptops. Please remove NullCPU and report back.

Hello,

I did the migration from chameleon to clover boot loader.How can i install the recovery partition?

Back