Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

How about a new section in Guide lol

I think you mislabeled it:
Migrate from Chimera/Chameleon bootloader to Chimera.

Also, I think if migration is made on ML, it may allow the installer to install maverick with restore partition. This way it will be almost like a fresh Clover install.

I think you mislabeled it:
Migrate from Chimera/Chameleon bootloader to Chimera.

Also, I think if migration is made on ML, it may allow the installer to install maverick with restore partition. This way it will be almost like a fresh Clover install.

I fixed the typo. If you are using Clover in ML, just run the installer downloaded from AppStore, reboot and choose boot without cache, with injected kexts.

8. Patching Kext on-the-fly

Clover can patch your kexts in kernel cache on-the-fly in KextsToPatch section. AppleRTC and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement are patched by default. Here are some useful patches (Note that Clover Configurator will convert 64-bit value in config.plist to hexa)

Trim Enabler
4150504C4520535344 -> 000000000000000000
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Trim Enabler</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QVBQTEUgU1NE
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAAAAAAAA
                </data>
            </dict>

You miss stated the fact a little here: Note that Clover Configurator will convert 64-bit value in config.plist to hexa
It should say: "Note that Clover Configurator will convert Hex string value in config.plist to base64 encoded string"

You miss stated the fact a little here: Note that Clover Configurator will convert 64-bit value in config.plist to hexa
It should say: "Note that Clover Configurator will convert Hex string value in config.plist to base64 encoded string"

CC: 4150504C4520535344 -> 000000000000000000
config.plist: QVBQTEUgU1NE -> AAAAAAAAAAAA

It's better to state: Clover Configurator use Hex string value, and convert to base 64 encoded string in config.plist?

How are your other PBs now?

Not sure what you are asking, but I just looked at the Clover source code. It is easier for me vs. plain English ;-)

Have you migrated other Probooks with Chameleon to Chimera?

Have you migrated other Probooks with Chameleon to Chimera?

I had all my PBs on ML with Chameleon. I migrated to Mavericks on all of them now. I used Clover EFI USB to perform upgrade, so I got Recovery Partition created automatically by installer on all my upgraded BPs during upgrade. Then I just installed Clover and configured it (as in guide) on all of them as last step in upgrade and now I have Clover boot loader and chameleon as a redundant backup in case something goes wrong with either of boot loader I have a backup option right on my laptop.

Once you do first one, then it is "walk in the park" as you can just re-use, DSDT (Chameleon), config.plist and update serial with yours from Chameleons smbios.plist, so the serial is consistent on both boot loaders. And last touch is to update UUID so custom entry is picked up by Clover.

BTW, I didi not need to hit F9, as I had only USB bootable in EFI mode, so it booted automatically to USB EFI (Clover). I only needed to do boot option override (spacebar).

I had all my PBs on ML with Chameleon. I migrated to Mavericks on all of them now. I used Clover EFI USB to perform upgrade, so I got Recovery Partition created automatically by installer on all my upgraded BPs during upgrade. Then I just installed Clover and configured it (as in guide) on all of them as last step in upgrade and now I have Clover boot loader and chameleon as a redundant backup in case something goes wrong with either of boot loader I have a backup option right on my laptop.

Once you do first one, then it is "walk in the park" as you can just re-use, DSDT (Chameleon), config.plist and update serial with yours from Chameleons smbios.plist, so the serial is consistent on both boot loaders. And last touch is to update UUID so custom entry is picked up by Clover.

BTW, I didi not need to hit F9, as I had only USB bootable in EFI mode, so it booted automatically to USB EFI (Clover). I only needed to do boot option override (spacebar).

Nice to hear that. I tried setting USB Inject and AddClockID = False, and system will wake up right after sleep. Maybe a problem with Clover UEFI, because Chameleon users can sleep just fine.
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AddClockID</key>
            <false/>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
I also get 20s delay before going to sleep : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/113159-hp-probook-450-sleep-mode.html#post688083 I'm doubt if this a new feature or a bug?

I tried setting USB Inject and AddClockID = False, and system will wake up right after sleep. Maybe a problem with Clover UEFI, because Chameleon users can sleep just fine.
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AddClockID</key>
            <false/>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

I do not have any issue with sleep/wake at all. Even my stubborn "sleep-walker" 4440s is behaving nicely on 10.9 + Clover. I do not know how it works with 10.9+Chameleon, as I never pursue this route.

Also, Mavericks 10.9 is more sensitive now to sleep. For example - it will not go to sleep if other remote clients are connected or even when it is downloading update or installing something locally. This includes remote file sharing and even SSH. ML did not care much about network though.

You can check what is holding your laptop up with >
pmset -g assertions

If you suspect that inactivity counters are resetting, you can use ssh and this command to check idle counters on your laptop without resetting it>
ioreg -c IOHIDSystem | perl -lane 'if(/Idle/) {print $F[-1]/1000000000; last;}'

Back