Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Thanks for the guide, got Mavericks up and running.

Do you know how do we get around with HD4000 video card?
I used to binary patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext, now I am confused - shall Clover do injection?
Noone seems to binary patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri on 10.9 anymore (or I could not find anything).

You have to patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri to get DP ports working. You can find the script to patch here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...ok-intel-hd-4000-script-external-display.html

Do you mean injection (inject a kexts to kernel cache) or patching-on-the-fly (modify a kexts in kernel cache)?

Thanks for the link, I've been lost in all these threads.

patching-on-the-fly

Is there also AppleHDA around? Perhaps in another thread?

At now, I don't know how to apply patching-on-the-fly to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri, the patching function in Clover is quite limited.

About AppleHDA, you can patch the new kexts based on old kexts here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/83076-hp-probook-6470b.html
Or use Probook Installer, it will auto-patch for you.

SSDT.aml is not needed anymore, update the guide and config.plist files. Anyone wants to try it can look at the SSDT section.

SSDT.aml is not needed anymore, update the guide and config.plist files. Anyone wants to try it can look at the SSDT section.

Indeed, SSD generator works and it seems to sleep nicely too.

Bad news - I found neither Clover's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement auto patch did not work for me, nor PBI version

CPU is showing some changes in multipliers but after a few minutes it gets stuck at x22 and stays like this. So looks like both methods are not working

Probably true, The CPU temp is like it always being when it is idle ~35°C

Use MSRDumper to see all your P-States.

I also get stuck in HWMonitor too, switching to RehabMan's version and now it works fine.

Is it possible to migrate from default Chameleon boot loader to Clover? I trying to avoid to do a fresh install on my PBs that are in use. So far I only played on my spare SSD on one of them.

Is it possible to migrate from default Chameleon boot loader to Clover? I trying to avoid to do a fresh install on my PBs that are in use. So far I only played on my spare SSD on one of them.

How about a new section in Guide lol

Back