Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Yes, it works. Is it normal to see you screen garbled during boot until apple logo? It only appears during installer boot and I suspect during verbose boot as well.

it will appear when you select an option in SubMenu, you can avoid by creating a Custom Entry with Injected kexts.

EDIT: Please remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI, and try shutdown/restart. It will remember your last boot devices without the need to set it in config.plist. It caused shutdown/restart issues on sandy bridge laptops, but looks like it has been solved in ivybridge laptops.

Inject kexts for Recovery partition (put your essential kexts in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other)
When Ii followed this suggestion - it would not boot from recovery partition with custom entry not hidden. But when I move my kext to 10.9 (from Other) folder - it boots fine in recovery partition.

Is it typo?

Interesting, I had little success with Clover Configurator to edit custom entries. Ended up just using TextEdit. the suggested entry for recovery partition is made invisible, so it defeats the purpose.

When Ii followed this suggestion - it would not boot from recovery partition with custom entry not hidden. But when I move my kext to 10.9 (from Other) folder - it boots fine in recovery partition.

Is it typo?

Interesting, I had little success with Clover Configurator to edit custom entries. Ended up just using TextEdit. the suggested entry for recovery partition is made invisible, so it defeats the purpose.

I follow the guide here:
You have to make sure you have FakeSMC.kext inside of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (and VoodooPS2Controller for mouse) and then select boot with injected kexts.

I tested myself and it loads kexts from 10.9, not Other. Thank you for pointing it out.

You can unhide hidden entries by pressing F3, Recovery partition doesn't need to always show. Btw, have you try removing EmuVariable yet?

What problems do you get with Clover Configurator?

I follow the guide here:

I tested myself and it loads kexts from 10.9, not Other. Thank you for pointing it out.

You can unhide hidden entries by pressing F3, Recovery partition doesn't need to always show. Btw, have you try removing EmuVariable yet?

Thanks, I just read it in clower-wiki, keep educating myself bit by bit.

It seems that some of the suggested entries in the guide causing Clover Configurator to catch nil exception when it processes GUI section. It is possible it is s little bit outdated. The boot loader works correctly though.

Yes, I removed EmuVariable and it works fine with out it.

Thanks, I just read it in clower-wiki, keep educating myself bit by bit.

It seems that some of the suggested entries in the guide causing Clover Configurator to catch nil exception when it processes GUI section. It is possible it is s little bit outdated. The boot loader works correctly though.

Yes, I removed EmuVariable and it works fine with out it.

Make sure you have latest CC 3.5.1, and you can create custom entry right from CC, don't need to copy my entries manually. I always use CC to edit my config.plist, easy and no problems so far.

Im just about to format my probook and start over..

Ill be installing OSX to my SSD, windows to a partition on HDD, rest of HDD for data, i.e. music etc (Ill probably move ~home to HDD)

Whats the advantage of clover in my situation?

Thanks

Here is my setup: 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD
Code:
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     314.6 MB   disk0s1
   2:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk0s2
   3:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows                 52.4 GB    disk0s3
   4:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh               74.5 GB    disk0s4
   5:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s5
/dev/disk1
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *750.2 GB   disk1
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:       Microsoft Basic Data DataWin                 350.2 GB   disk1s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS DataOSX                 283.5 GB   disk1s3
   4:                  Apple_HFS Time Machine            115.8 GB   disk1s4
If your setup is like me (ssd internal and hdd in caddy bay), you can only install Windows UEFI once you disable caddy bay in BIOS. Windows Install will mess up the configuration and can't install. I haven't tried Windows MBR though.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure I get you..
you appear to have both OSX and Win on SSD?

With my current setup I have OSX on SSD (GUID) 1 partition 128Gb
Windows on HDD partition, and data on HDD partition (GUID) in caddy. 600Gb

I also have the OSX ~home directory moved to HDD.

I'm not sure if that will work the same again?

I know there are different options regarding UEFI in bios, I don't fully understand the technology..

I can see the recovery partition as a bonus to clover, what else is there, something about updating or upgrading like a mac?

Any negative sides to it?

Thanks

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]/dev/disk0[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   2:                  Apple_HFS SSD                     127.7 GB   disk0s2[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]/dev/disk1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *640.1 GB   disk1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   2:                  Apple_HFS HDD                     587.8 GB   disk1s2[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   3:       Microsoft Basic Data                         51.9 GB    disk1s3
[/FONT]

Back