Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Congrats, it is a very good guide on using Clover with Installation. ;)

Little notice; I think that section 14 should be a part of section 13b. Probook Installer takes all the care of patching DSDT.

Do I need to pre-create EFI partition on target disk before Maverick installation takes place, or just create MacOS partition, install Maverick. And later, Clover boot-loader installer will create EFI partition on target disk (step 16)?

EFI partition is a part of GUID partition table, so you don't have to create another partition.
Clover Installer will mount it and copy files to it and you will be able to boot.

Do I need to pre-create EFI partition on target disk before Maverick installation takes place, or just create MacOS partition, install Maverick. And later, Clover boot-loader installer will create EFI partition on target disk (step 16)?

I think you are missing this step after clover install on target disk:
Select the right config in config.zip and copy to EFI/Clover/.
That's the step 18-19 in my guide. You have to edit existing config.plist before copying to EFI\Clover.

EFI Partition is created by default on GPT drives. If you don't have GPT Drive, you can't enable UEFI boot.

It works fine when all patches are applied. I was trying to get my origin DSDT.aml w/o patches. Seems to be optional for single boot situation.

I don't understand clearly what you want to do with single boot situation. When you press F4 in Clover boot screen, you will always get Original DSDT files in ACPI\origin\ (I will mention this in the guide).

Congrats, it is a very good guide on using Clover with Installation. ;)

Little notice; I think that section 14 should be a part of section 13b. Probook Installer takes all the care of patching DSDT.

Fix it, thank you!

What goes to DefaultBootVolume in config.plist? just name (named my partition as MacOS)?

Also, it seems that my laptop would not go to sleep on its own. It just keeps going. Ooops, it started to work, figures.

BTW, pressing sleep button on keyboard momentary blacks out screen, but immediately back to normal operation when you depress the button.

Clover was interesting adventure. I kind of like it, it gets even closer to the real Macs.

What goes to DefaultBootVolume in config.plist? just name (named my partition as MacOS)?

Also, it seems that my laptop would not go to sleep on its own. It just keeps going. Ooops, it started to work, figures.

BTW, pressing sleep button on keyboard momentary blacks out screen, but immediately back to normal operation when you depress the button.

Clover was interesting adventure. I kind of like it, it gets even closer to the real Macs.
Yes, you can use your partition name or Custom Entry name (I will add it later).

About auto-sleep, try turning off Wake on Ethernet on System Preferences and Wake on Ethernet/usb in bios. The behavior of power button has been changed since OS X 10.8.5, I don't notice it much because I usually use F2 instead. Can you report your sleep experience to me?

Do you have Recovery partition after installing with Mavericks? Can you boot from it?

Yes, you can use your partition name or Custom Entry name (I will add it later).

About auto-sleep, try turning off Wake on Ethernet on System Preferences and Wake on Ethernet/usb in bios. The behavior of power button has been changed since OS X 10.8.5, I don't notice it much because I usually use F2 instead. Can you report your sleep experience to me?

Do you have Recovery partition after installing with Mavericks? Can you boot from it?

I have Recovery Partition. When I select it to boot - I get stack on Apple logo forever. Any other mode (with space bar): verbose, no caches + injected kext results in black screen, then if you touch keyboard it will be back in Clover boot screen. After a couple black screens - the whole machine lock up with boot screen image.

I have Recovery Partition. When I select it to boot - I get stack on Apple logo forever. Any other mode (with space bar): verbose, no caches + injected kext results in black screen, then if you touch keyboard it will be back in Clover boot screen. After a couple black screens - the whole machine lock up with boot screen image.

You have to make sure you have FakeSMC.kext inside of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (and VoodooPS2Controller for mouse) and then select boot with injected kexts.

You have to make sure you have FakeSMC.kext inside of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (and VoodooPS2Controller for mouse) and then select boot with injected kexts.

Yes, it works. Is it normal to see you screen garbled during boot until apple logo? It only appears during installer boot and I suspect during verbose boot as well.

Back