Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Another possibly related clue, with the older versions, I would occasionally get System Prefs opening randomly to ask about connecting a Bluetooth Keyboard (which I don't own, and my compatible wifi card doesn't support). I just closed it a handful of times.

This is covered in the guide.

I think I'll start at step 7, and do a clean OSX install. My internet is sooo slow here, it'd take days to redownload and start from step one.

UPDATE: Tried that. Didn't fix the problem. I'm looking for older PBI's to see if I have some luck there.

I also tried JimAvrum's suggestion here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...k-missing-bluetooth-controller-transport.html, just because it's the most common tip I've seen when googling my problem.

It worked. Sort of. Now it boots but the only screen resolution offered is 1024x768. Who knows what else might be off.

I was able to undo that "fix" through -s boot. And magically everything works now.

It worked. Sort of. Now it boots but the only screen resolution offered is 1024x768. Who knows what else might be off.

Sounds like you're not injecting ig-platform-id (with PBI, this is done in DSDT).

I was able to undo that "fix" through -s boot. And magically everything works now.

Probably just needed to boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot.

Here's how to rebuild caches (for future):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

When I dissassemle I get this error message:
Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdtmod.dsl 3979: If (CondRefOf (FPED))
Error 6126 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF

dsdtmod.dsl 28292:
Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input: dsdtmod.dsl - 28292 lines, 917450 bytes, 11191 keywords

I fixed this error " syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF" by comment
//If (CondRefOf (FPED))
//{
FPED ()
//}
but i got another error
FPED() syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG
I dissassemle in windows 7 so i don't have MaciASL.
Please help me to fix this error by hand.
My dsdt file:
View attachment dsdt.rar
Sorry for my poor english.

When I dissassemle I get this error message:
Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdtmod.dsl 3979: If (CondRefOf (FPED))
Error 6126 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF

dsdtmod.dsl 28292:
Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input: dsdtmod.dsl - 28292 lines, 917450 bytes, 11191 keywords

I fixed this error " syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF" by comment
//If (CondRefOf (FPED))
//{
FPED ()
//}
but i got another error
FPED() syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG
I dissassemle in windows 7 so i don't have MaciASL.
Please help me to fix this error by hand.
My dsdt file:
View attachment 167730
Sorry for my poor english.

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

Note: Please DO NOT post duplicates.

Hello, after the success of my PB 6470b with mavericks (thanks for your support and tools) i am trying with my wife´s 2570p (very similar hardware to my 6470b)

the installation went fine, but booting from the hdd after PBI CE installation i get the IOBLuetooth error, i will post a photo in a few hours

what may be the problem?

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    948.9 KB · Views: 383
Hello, after the success of my PB 6470b with mavericks (thanks for your support and tools) i am trying with my wife´s 2570p (very similar hardware to my 6470b)

the installation went fine, but booting from the hdd after PBI CE installation i get the IOBLuetooth error, i will post a photo in a few hours

what may be the problem?

thank you

Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.
there you have :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 402
there you have :)

Boot verbose, show photo.

lease provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Boot verbose, show photo.

lease provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

finally went for yosemite installation, everything is working perfect now and installation went smooth, i think it was an issue with my usb thumb drive

thank you

Back