Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Well, my report to you in another forum, that this worked, was not correct. You're talking about ACPI files which is greek to me, so I assumed this had to do with the DSDT.aml files generated by PBI. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes. F4 in Clover to re-extract, then correct selections in PBI-CE to create/install a new patched set.

Then I restart, and now instead of 50/50, it fails to finish booting everytime. It gets to the grey Apple screen, spins the wheel for a good minute, and then the wheel just stops.

You probably made the wrong selections. Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder. Also, post /var/log/install.log.

Also, hardware details required:

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Well here is some of that information... the verbose mode hangs at "missing bluetooth controller transport"I don't know what you mean about posting a folder. And my var/log/install is 18mb. Annnnd I'm guessing its not the Legacy Clover, everything is updated. In About it said 2.3k... Sorry for the short post, trying to get this solved before bedtime.

Well here is some of that information... the verbose mode hangs at "missing bluetooth controller transport"

Not helpful. Post photo.

I don't know what you mean about posting a folder.

Compress EFI/Clover from your EFI partition as ZIP. Attach.

And my var/log/install is 18mb.

Compress as ZIP, attach.

Attached all 3. Hard to photo beginning of verbose messages, they move too quick!

Attachments

• 2015-12-05.jpg
    2015-12-05.jpg
    800.5 KB · Views: 253
  • install.log.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 243
  • CLOVER.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 274
Attached all 3. Hard to photo beginning of verbose messages, they move too quick!

Why would the photo be hard to capture if it hangs there?

It hangs at that photo, with the last message being about bluetooth controller. The first page of info flies by, and then the second page I can capture.

It hangs at that photo, with the last message being about bluetooth controller. The first page of info flies by, and then the second page I can capture.

Try booting without caches.

Also, from where did you download Mavericks?

Also, your config.plist is wrong for the hardware in your profile. Why did you select "Patch DSDT only" in PBI-CE?

You should probably start over.

Ok, deleted all caches from Library in home folder and library in Mac HD.

I downloaded Mavericks months ago when I first set this computer up. I remember following the instructions carefully, so probably from the apple store. This OS worked just fine, albeit with an older Clover, until my motherboard swap.

I did retry booting from Clover USB stick again, hitting f4 again, launching PBI and was careful again, to select the suggested options. I didn't choose "Only DSDT".

I'm assuming when you say "start over", you're talking about the above process, as I have a working Windows 8.1 partition and a working Mavericks partition (when booted from Clover USB)

Problem persists. Curious though, that the boot hang was only 50/50 when I was using the Clover and PBI from almost 12 months ago.

Another possibly related clue, with the older versions, I would occasionally get System Prefs opening randomly to ask about connecting a Bluetooth Keyboard (which I don't own, and my compatible wifi card doesn't support). I just closed it a handful of times.

Ok, deleted all caches from Library in home folder and library in Mac HD.

I downloaded Mavericks months ago when I first set this computer up. I remember following the instructions carefully, so probably from the apple store. This OS worked just fine, albeit with an older Clover, until my motherboard swap.

I did retry booting from Clover USB stick again, hitting f4 again, launching PBI and was careful again, to select the suggested options. I didn't choose "Only DSDT".

I'm assuming when you say "start over", you're talking about the above process, as I have a working Windows 8.1 partition and a working Mavericks partition (when booted from Clover USB)

Problem persists. Curious though, that the boot hang was only 50/50 when I was using the Clover and PBI from almost 12 months ago.

By "start over", I mean fresh install of everything.

Back